• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Hi everyone. At the end of each month, I submit a marketplace report detailing, in general, how our little ‘ole site is doing. As you know, over the course of the month, I take notes about which TF issues you guys are concerned about.

If you have any constructive gripes, leave a comment and I’ll be sure to pass your thoughts on to the directors.

382 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
blabus says

Everything seems to be working pretty well! (Haven’t fixed that Javascript submission bug, have you? :D ).

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

Wishlist:

1. “Recent Updated Items” tab on the homepage (with a reasonably high bar for making it into this section).

In general, I think the homepage issue has been talked about as much as any other issue that is important to authors. I’m sure the admins are aware of this and have something up their sleeves in the redesign.

That is all :) This was an exciting month… but I’m guessing we’re just warming up for the Fall updates.

372 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Sweden
mrjasmin says
Wishlist:

1. “Recent Updated Items” tab on the homepage (with a reasonably high bar for making it into this section).

In general, I think the homepage issue has been talked about as much as any other issue that is important to authors. I’m sure the admins are aware of this and have something up their sleeves in the redesign.

That is all :) This was an exciting month… but I’m guessing we’re just warming up for the Fall updates.

+1 for the recent updated items.

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Really I think the most discussed topic of late has really been the home page organization needed for templates / wordpress to be on a different tab to the special pages (how many more chrome / steel styled error pages do we need?) code snippets etc – and I agree a recently updated with a high level of requirement would be an excellent addition for sure.

39 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
inkaudio says

I just have a few suggestion. I want to see better cross promotion between FreelanceSwitch and Themeforest.

Before I started buying themes from ThemeForest I use to buy templates from template monster. They do an excellent job of cross promotion. Whether it’s template tuning, (their term for customization) hosting or even buying graphics and stock.

How many potential buyers know they can go to freelanceswitch to hire someone to:

a.) add content to the theme b.) customize the theme c.) add functionality to the theme. d.) install and setup a wordpress theme. e.) create a logo to replace the one in the theme.

Some creators here don’t have the time or want to take on the extra work so it’s a good idea to keep the potential work in the Network.

The last suggestion is to make the item request section more visible to members. The forums of most site are typically only frequented by small percentage of the user base.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
I just have a few suggestion. I want to see better cross promotion between FreelanceSwitch and Themeforest.

Before I started buying themes from ThemeForest I use to buy templates from template monster. They do an excellent job of cross promotion. Whether it’s template tuning, (their term for customization) hosting or even buying graphics and stock.

How many potential buyers know they can go to freelanceswitch to hire someone to:

a.) add content to the theme b.) customize the theme c.) add functionality to the theme. d.) install and setup a wordpress theme. e.) create a logo to replace the one in the theme.

Some creators here don’t have the time or want to take on the extra work so it’s a good idea to keep the potential work in the Network.

The last suggestion is to make the item request section more visible to members. The forums of most site are typically only frequented by small percentage of the user base.

+1

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says
Wishlist:

+1 but I think this issue will be resolved with the marketplace redesign

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Just thought of something that I think would be VERY useful here for not just TF but the other market places – a townhall meeting every month with the movers and shakers in an open chat forum possibly?

Think it would be awesome to get everyone together who is involved with TF maybe a week before Jeffrey has to do his report and have an open discussion.

6 posts
icarus086 says

+1 on the town hall idea.

by
by
by
by
by
by