• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

Hey jonathan01 – I really like the idea of a “town hall” style chat once each month. I’m going to do some research this weekend to determine the best way to set something like this up.

Does anyone have a chat app recommendation?

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

skype – I think they have the servers to handle us :)

2815 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

You’re probably doing this in the new design, but here’s some cool features I’d love to see:

1) Colour picker in search:

• Template authors pick the main colour(s) used in the design background/foreground/header/etc…
  • Then users can search for “black background” or “green header” designs.
  • This would increase sales of older templates when people know exactly what they are after.

2) Quick ajax’y favorite/bookmark list:

• When searching for a template I always end up with 10 tabs open flicking between previews to figure out which one I like.
  • It would be great to have a really quick “add to fav” button in search results
  • Clicking this would add that theme (ajaxy style) to a list just under the “categories” on the right.
  • You could then click “compare” or something and get a nice overview of all your selected themes.
  • That overview should contain the same thumbs from “screenshots” window for each theme.
  • Basically improving on bookmarks by making them more accessible / ajaxy .

I’ve got a few other ideas but they’re hard to explain.

530 posts
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
darius9000 says

pushing back (holding) uploaded files in queue while newer uploaded files get reviewed. not bothered by that fact. i am bothered that then my file is left for next day. sometimes it happen.

other than that, i pretty much love everything else.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
pushing back (holding) uploaded files in queue while newer uploaded files get reviewed. not bothered by that fact. i am bothered that then my file is left for next day. sometimes it happen. other than that, i pretty much love everything else.

Sometimes we need to have more than one person review an item and since we’re in different time zones, it sometimes means waiting for the next person to wake up. We pretty much always manage to review within 48 hours even if it has to be put on hold for someone else.

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
takita787 says

^^ Hi, I’ve been waiting for days… Been ‘1st out of __’ on themeforest (and PHP scripts for that matter) for over 2 days.

To add to that this product was already reviewed before, and approved, but i deleted it because people didn’t like the fact that I ioncubed’ one file for my security (lol themeforest does NOT like that. Understandable) so i took it down, fixed up the script with the source then resubmitted…I was told by support to reference a ticket to Expedite the reviewing process..

This is the longest i’ve ever waited to add a file.

I think you guys really need to expand customer support along with get more reliable reviewers. The fact that I only get 40% of my sale being the original developer is pretty damn lame but you guys generate sales so it almost pays off, but the fact that I have to wait forever to get my file that i’ve already had approved before, with a reference to a ticket in the notes saying it can/will be expedited, and it being 1st of themeforest for two days yet others are getting added before me (INCLUDING a php script)... is bullshit. Please look into this. Thanks.

Edit: oh and why i said you guys need to expand support;

I sent a ticket in hours BEFORE you guys opened yesterday for support (I check the australian times)—didn’t get a response all day. I opened up the ticket saying that if i reference it, it will be expedited, and posted a reply saying its taking for ever, longer then normal…. no response there. And that was (i believe) 3 days ago.

Thanks.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
...get more reliable reviewers.

The time an item has to wait doesn’t necessarily correlate to unreliable reviewers. In fact, I’d say most, if not all, of the reviewers here are very, very reliable. :-)

Much more so than some other places, that’s for sure.

The fact that I only get 40% of my sale being the original developer is pretty damn lame but you guys generate sales so it almost pays off…

The commission rates go up to 70% which is more than fair. 40% is more than fair for authors starting out too. Envato does a lot for their authors from the money they make from our files. So, in a sense, they don’t make that extra money. They spend a lot of the extra money on marketing, marketplace upgrades (paying the developers), etc. All of this has been covered in past discussions if you’d like more info. :-)

but the fact that I have to wait forever to get my file that i’ve already had approved before, with a reference to a ticket in the notes saying it can/will be expedited, and it being 1st of themeforest for two days yet others are getting added before me (INCLUDING a php script)... is bullshit.

I’ve already explained how the queue works but already having your item approved once doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get it instantly approved the second time through. I know you’ve been patient but just try to be a little more patient. It will be taken care of, I promise.

Edit: oh and why i said you guys need to expand support; I sent a ticket in hours BEFORE you guys opened yesterday for support (I check the australian times)—didn’t get a response all day. I opened up the ticket saying that if i reference it, it will be expedited, and posted a reply saying its taking for ever, longer then normal…. no response there. And that was (i believe) 3 days ago.

They may not have responded because the ticket may have been assigned to the reviewer, which could be located in another time zone (they work independently) which is why it may have taken awhile to respond. Also, it’s the weekend now so depending on ticket submission, etc. it may take a little longer. Hang in there, they haven’t forgotten about you. ;-)

2529 posts
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

Also please keep in mind that the marketplaces have 225,000 members. Sometimes – yes – it can take hours before support is able to respond to you. With that said, we’re extremely fast, when compared to similar marketplaces. :)

158 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
stmcan says
Really I think the most discussed topic of late has really been the home page organization needed for templates / wordpress to be on a different tab to the special pages (how many more chrome / steel styled error pages do we need?) code snippets etc – and I agree a recently updated with a high level of requirement would be an excellent addition for sure.

+100

162 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+1 more
ponjoh says

This has probably been said before, but I really think it would be great with a solution for notifying buyers when a purchased item is updated. Like, when an author updates one of their items there’s a checkbox saying “Notify buyers of this update”. And on the users downloads page there’s a checkbox on every item saying something like “Notify me of updates on this item”. And an email will be sent to the user when the item is updated.

I really think that would make people feel that they get value for their money and they will come back for more.

by
by
by
by
by
by