8234 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

There are quite a few items i’ve been interested in which don’t have the poly count stated in the file desc on the right hand side… surely with 3d models, particularly for gaming this is an essential consideration… could this please be a mandatory field for 3d models?

:)

2715 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
DanielKeller says

+1

but nobody gonna seen that thread on “site feedback”, you should post it to “3docean”

that’s what I hate about the forum concept!

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

Hi MSFX ,

I always make sure I add the poly count to my items. I make sure I fill in every box when uploading. I agree that maybe it should be made mandatory as this sometimes determines whether the buyer will buy or not.

2568 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+16 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Totally agree with you mate. I do however make sure to state accurate polycount both with hypernurbs affecting the object, and without. I thought that items with discrepancies between advertised info and offered content are usually soft-rejected…

Anyway, I do have to also agree with DanielKeller on the forum issue… luckily I saw this thread on the right hand side, but some improvements could definitely be made.

Best regards, CB.

1111 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
3alisha says

I always make sure that i include the correct polycount, but i really wonder why this field is not yet mandatory.

Cheers.

8234 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
+1

but nobody gonna seen that thread on “site feedback”, you should post it to “3docean”

that’s what I hate about the forum concept!

maybe it should be moved into 3docean then :) Christine if you could do the honours, I don’t get my shiny buttons over here :( :P

477 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
MatthiasAndre Envato team says

This part of the forum does get visited a lot less then the main forums, its true and I admit that I drop by here not often enough. This is the right place to post site feedback though because even though there are not as many user visits, envato staff keeps an eye on these posts. All the suggestions that are being made here are good and it seems like they are not being seen or considered because nothing has happened for a long time. This is mainly due to the huge behind the scenes site overhaul that some of you might have read about in the newsletter.

Things are starting to move again now and we can start tackling small things to improve the site as there are still a number of larger projects in the pipeline.

I think making the polycount mandatory is a good idea and I will put that down to be done. It is a little more complicated then it first seems though since voxels and nurbs surfaces do not have a polycount so extra functionalities must be added for that.

I initially intended this polycount data field to be used for sorting purposes also. Buyers could define a poly budget to filter out objects they don’t need as there is no special category for high-, med- or lowpoly models. So this will make the polycount of your models even more important in the hopefully not too distant future :).

1111 posts
+14 more
3alisha says

Wouldn’t it be easier just to make an announcement ??

’’All users, polycount on 3dOcean items is mandatory from now on’’ (just being creative, lol.)

Cheers :grin:

2568 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+16 more
contrastblack Envato team says

’’All users, polycount on 3dOcean items is mandatory from now on’’ (just being creative, lol.)

Totally agree, for the moment at least, and add to that “or we’ll not send cookies for Christmas” and it’s sure to have more than a few followers :D

1111 posts
+14 more
3alisha says

Totally agree, for the moment at least, and add to that “or we’ll not send cookies for Christmas” and it’s sure to have more than a few followers :D

haha, lol :grin:

by
by
by
by
by
by