• Canada
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
EliIsakov says

So I was just googling around some of my item names, and found out that on Adobe Marketplace an author..shared one of my popular….files and it’s getting amazing hits on there…but with his own Ref…what shall I do ??? Ignore it and move on…or any of you suggest doing something ?? There is a high chance that I got many sales from those hits…also most likely earning him a good amount of ref deposits… :(.

P.S “not only my files, but lots of Photoshop Add-on based…files including some from Charles, etc…”

360 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
tmthymllr says

I don’t think it’s against the rules to do that, but you could ask him nicely to take it down.

2098 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

it is a both bad and good, while he get 30% of new customer you get your percent as usual but any more items they buy they will get no money. also they are driving customers to your items. so overall you get the better end of the deal.

3546 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+3 more
ToivoMedia says

Pretty sure it’s against the terms to upload work you don’t own the copyright to on adobe marketplace.

703 posts
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
EliIsakov says

Should be against ToS of Adobe Marketplace…I know….I mean it does drive traffic into my files…but I am better of getting traffic to my items my self. I have my own ways, I don’t like it when others just do it without asking. I mean if only the author asked nicely , it would of been better….Darkstar…I know how the ref thing works lol… :D

1429 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+3 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Thank you Eli for bringing this to my notice. Displaying another author’s work(s) on Adobe Marketplace is against their T&M. However, I won’t request the person in question to remove them as long as it is a legit referral link. I can only find it offensive and infringing and have it taken-down if the links are referring to another site/marketplace other than my portfolio across Envato Marketplaces.

This is ONE of the major reasons why I haven’t embraced any offer from another marketplace so that I can easily track my works and also to avoid complications.

215 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
devotchkah says

I believe this is not against the rules. And if you want to find out where your items are, go to google image search and paste the image of your preview.

by
by
by
by
by
by