NechitaPaulFlavius Recent Posts Threads Started
311 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
NechitaPaulFlavius says

I think vectors and logos on a separate marketplace would be good since like mentioned, logos probably wouldn’t do well alone.

Do vectors and logos sell that much? Think about that. They can’t just make a new marketplace because we feel it’s the right thing to do. A new marketplace involves maintenance, more server space, reviewers, mods, devs, and so on and so forth. This means more money that need to be invested. So my question is, do vectors and logos sell that much?

941 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
graphicmind says

So my question is, do vectors and logos sell that much?

Wouldn’t know without statistics but do files on 3docean sell that much? Do files on activeden sell that much? Currently no but I still see those sites running.

2638 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+18 more
contrastblack Envato team says

So my question is, do vectors and logos sell that much?
Wouldn’t know without statistics but do files on 3docean sell that much? Do files on activeden sell that much? Currently no but I still see those sites running.

Actually, they do. Not at the same level as TF, but sales on 3DO have been picking up constantly since the beta period… and frankly, I tend to think the same as Paul… it’s just rather more likely someone would buy a flyer (GR) a theme (TF) a scene / material / whatever (3DO) or some awesome script (AD which btw, as I know is pretty much the oldest, so asking if they sell is sort of a joke) or a track off of AJ, but vector logos? Not so much. Yes, there might be a few sales, but far apart imho, and there’s still that whole discussion about logos usually being meant to be used once, which even if we, as a marketplace and authors get over, many buyers might not.

p.s: I actually think having them as a product sold on GR is quite a good thing, seeing the popular files list of GR and comparing them to any other marketplace except TF.

941 posts
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
graphicmind says
Actually, they do. Not at the same level as TF, but sales on 3DO have been picking up constantly since the beta period…

A high of 4 sales last week isn’t exactly picking up imo…..

and frankly, I tend to think the same as Paul… it’s just rather more likely someone would buy a flyer (GR) a theme (TF) a scene / material / whatever (3DO) or some awesome script (AD which btw, as I know is pretty much the oldest, so asking if they sell is sort of a joke) or a track off of AJ, but vector logos?

Well, from what I can see, I’m pretty sure vectors and logos are selling better than files on 3docean and since the volume grows so quickly I doubt another marketplace would have any trouble. And it would make it easier for buyers to find what they’re looking for.

btw not saying files on AD never got sales, I’m saying they aren’t exactly getting many sales now

Not so much. Yes, there might be a few sales, but far apart imho, and there’s still that whole discussion about logos usually being meant to be used once, which even if we, as a marketplace and authors get over, many buyers might not. p.s: I actually think having them as a product sold on GR is quite a good thing, seeing the popular files list of GR and comparing them to any other marketplace except TF.

Right now logos and vectors are flooding graphicriver which means many files get very little time on the front page so I think there are more disadvantages than advantages to having them on GR

+18 more

Saying my previous commentaries are flawed, which I tend to think now, your last line brings up the following question :

is front-page exposure the ONLY way to sell something? if yes, then by all means, open a new marketplace for every category. Also, perhaps instead of opening a new marketplace to ban the logos from GR’s frontpage because other files don’t get enough shine-time is sort of counter-productive, if you say they sell so well… sales mean traffic, traffic means the other files, even if not on the frontpage, get more exposure anyway.

Secondly, another idea might be to rise the submission standards for that specific category, and that might actually slim down the submission levels to something more appropriate.

So before this goes deeper within basic logic, please pick a reason behind why you think this might be a good idea, and point some “actual” advantages / disadvantages, because right now, it’s more like picking all the good sides of everything you said, and only the bad or sort of pointless of what I did, which is not really fair tbh, and I can do the same as you can pretty much notice in this reply, and it brings us nowhere. :)

Cheers

P.s: just checked this out, (maybe I checked the wrong category or something) but the bestselling item under the Logo templates has 35 sales O_o, at a price of 29$ and it was submitted in October 2011 which brings us at 3.8 sales per month, which frankly is not that astonishing high either :D

NechitaPaulFlavius
NechitaPaulFlavius Recent Posts Threads Started
311 posts
+7 more
NechitaPaulFlavius says

The team behind all this great marketplaces must have a damn good reason not launching a new marketplace. I’m pretty sure they invest more time into sorting out pros and cons than we do. Plus there was an announcement a few months ago and they confirmed that there will be no new marketplaces launched this year, so all this chit chat is for nothing. Be sure they’ve gone through this issue months before we even thought of it.

941 posts
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
graphicmind says

and point some “actual” advantages / disadvantages

I did, advantages I outlined include more exposure for other files, easier for buyers to find files, and huge volume X sales (though few) means okay sales on another marketplace.

btw I never said they sell so well, I said they sell well (logos and vector sales combined) in comparison to files on 3docean.

And it’s funny you talk about fair because I was just replying politely. In fact, initially I just stated that vectors and logos would be better than just logos but you and Paul decided to reply to me instead of all the other people who posted in this thread agreeing that a marketplace for logos would be good.

+18 more

and point some “actual” advantages / disadvantages
And it’s funny you talk about fair because I was just replying politely. In fact, initially I just stated that vectors and logos would be better than just logos but you and Paul decided to reply to me instead of all the other people who posted in this thread agreeing that a marketplace for logos would be good.

I replied to you as it was the latest reply within the topic, really, no other reason :D Also, the others that posted were either just excited about the idea, whereas you put a different light on the matter that felt like a more interesting approach, to something Paul happened to bring up. :)

and erm… in the same manner logos AND vectors might sell better than 3DO items, 3D models (only the models, not other files from 3DO) and other unity3D content from the other marketplaces might sell even better! The initial point of the topic was about logos alone deserving a marketplace, which you yourself realized was not productive, but that’s just running around the tail.

I don’t think I was not polite within my replies either. By fair, I was talking about fairness towards the logical equation, rather than my person.

I for one, will try to shut up now, as I feel I’m turning this thread into a personal chat with you, and I’m quite keen on reading more points of view on the matter. Although I do enjoy a good chat, others might not :D

Cheers

689 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
cooledition says

Im not sure about a new marketplace just for logos, but i agree that they need to do something with the logos in the front page.

What about a fifth row of thumbnails in the front page just for logos? that way logos still have some exposure in the front page and this can solve the problem of logos making others files dissappear fast from front page.

446 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
graphicspencil says

nice idea:)

by
by
by
by
by