• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
cooledition says

creatteit-pl, you just made the day of like 21500 authors.

Great job, thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

271 posts The Dominant One
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
wptitans says

Actually, besides seeing the rough estimation of everyone’s income, I don’t see the added value of this. There is no extra information that you cannot already see in each marketplace.
Are you joking, dont you?
I’m not joking, just give me an example of which other interesting &relevant information (besides estimated income) you can see there and you cannot already see in the marketplace.

This is worrying because the estimated monthly earning are WAY off. They are not correct by a long shot. The numbers are way to high.

23 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
ZxxxZ says
This is worrying because the estimated monthly earning are WAY off. They are not correct by a long shot. The numbers are way to high.

Prices of items change from time to time, there was also huge bump in wp prices not so long ago, without historical data there is no way to account for that – estimates will be tens of thousands off for some authors.

66 posts We are CreateIT. We create IT.
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Poland
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
createit-pl says

Actually, besides seeing the rough estimation of everyone’s income, I don’t see the added value of this. There is no extra information that you cannot already see in each marketplace.
Are you joking, dont you?
I’m not joking, just give me an example of which other interesting &relevant information (besides estimated income) you can see there and you cannot already see in the marketplace.

Uh, so maybe there is a bug in calculations? Monthly income of the item for the period BEFORE monitor was running is estimated by its income divided by months from release. For the monitored period its quite easy addition.

Frankly, I’d expect income to be lower than real (due to extended licences, $2 extra payments for the item etc). I’ll double check those calculations just to be sure it’s not a stupid bug on our side :)

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Poland
createit-pl says

Prices of items change from time to time, there was also huge bump in wp prices not so long ago, without historical data there is no way to account for that – estimates will be tens of thousands off for some authors.

True that. Everybody please remember the tool does estimates only… quite accurate, but still only estimates.

The longer it’s alive, the more accurate it will get.

273 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
candeed says

We’re looking for beta testers of our “Marketplace Monitor”, so that 1st of may we could announce official launch. Here it is: Marketplace Monitor.

Long story short, this is a tool that allows you to track sales, comments, rating of ANY item published on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon (other markets will come soon). Analytics for all authors on those two markets are also available, as well as global market stats – like geolocation of authors or best selling item/author on the day before. ...

Hi, CreateIt-pl… why you create this app ?

:grin:

201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Egypt
Morad says

WOW, fantastic and useful !!

Thank you

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Poland
createit-pl says

Hi, CreateIt-pl… why you create this app ?

:grin:

We wanted to get answers for questions we had. And then came to the conclusion, that probably every author has such questions :)

273 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
candeed says

thumbs up then… and thanks for sharing it for free.. :)

23 posts
ZxxxZ says

So, not to hijack your thread but I’ve also been collecting some data on themeforest market to understand why some themes sold better and for some other project.

Here, on plot: item count and author count in function of time as a proof:

\\

So I understand that it required some work on your part, and don’t want to sound negative – but I would be a bit scared of publishing authors’ earnings in so open way.

Sure, there are up there, in the open, you just need to do some math – but… As future author I would rather discuss items sold rather than money. Sure they are basically the same thing, but dollar sign in discussion just makes some people behave bad:( I have already saw that once on this forum, an attack on author “you are making so much money, so you have no right to complain” [wording changed].

I’m also not sure if comparing authors on $$$ and building ranking around (just) that is good idea, I would prefer to think that rather than directly competing authors of themeforest are together building a bigger market.

Also focusing on items sold seems just plain more useful to me.

On the other hand ability to discuss money openly is a mark of maturity that community has reached, and let’s be honest majority of themeforest users will not visit that page. But if you decide to go with it, at least add some more things to the page:)

As for other support and suggestions: - sadly there are many important factors that you can not monitor – like any external marketing that authors are doing: blogs, freebies, social marketing, ads - (for the authors) past data not always is a good predictor of the future and acting on intel gained by analytics is a skill in itself - just plotting data will make you see interesting things but without good data mining skill you will be unable to explain them [this is where I’m now:( ] - it’s also hard to tell apart something from just noise, like on this picture (admin template sales in time):

\\

by
by
by
by
by
by