86 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
groupp says

Please post the users username when a sale reversal is made. This way we can track these people and their usage of the script after they do this. Most of the time, we have found through our own key system, these are the people who are sharing the scripts illegally. This would also potentially help keep the marketplace safer from this activity.

—RANT BEGIN— BUT no, Envato see’s fit to just say “Here is your money back SIR/MADAM”, when in fact they could say “Products already delivered” as they are downloaded at that point —RANT END

121 posts
    Located in United States Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
webfector says

My newer products have installer APIs that monitor which versions are installed and when. I regularly update the files to CodeCanyon to meet new API requirements for the installation, as a counter measure against illegal copies.

I agree that it would be nice if Envato reported the usernames of these people. Though I don’t require purchase codes to use my products, I may be able to track down one individual through customer support tickets (those require purchase codes).

So yeah. +1!

64 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
preciouscoder says

Good idea.

by
by
by
by
by
by