3468 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

I’ve also had this happen. Envato’s current policy is hands-off. While I understand this (the liability lies with the infringing author), I would love to see a policy in place that if and when such a violation occurs, the infringing author would forfeit a portion of their earnings to reimburse the author who had been infringed upon. Authors would agree to this when selling on the marketplaces to allow enforcement of the policy.

134 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
marcoarib says

Is very simple to define a policy to combat it, just set punishments such as fines, suspension of sales, etc.. The only punishment to the offender is having to change his product. Unbelievable! In the last two days I opened 3 tickets (DMCA) for different authors. Sad!

6085 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@marcoarib, so do you mean that author purchased Regular license and using it on Themes/Template download package? or it could be showed only on preview, so make sure.

Not sure about this particular case but it is allowed to show one preview using one Regular License.

134 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
marcoarib says

@marcoarib, so do you mean that author purchased Regular license and using it on Themes/Template download package? or it could be showed only on preview, so make sure. Not sure about this particular case but it is allowed to show one preview using one Regular License.

In the worst case (there were 3 cases so far), my product was being sold as part of 4 templates with just one regular license.

by
by
by
by
by
by