• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
aditivadesign says

Hi, everyone!

I need a tip:

I am really interessed in going back to the university on 2010 for a master’s degree on Multimedia, Motion, Interactive Design, User Interface Design, Computer Interaction or Digital Media, etc, and I would really appreciate your help.

I’ve been searching for Master’s degree in Holland, Sweden, Denmark and other countries from Northern Europe, but my preferece really goes to these 3 countries.

I’ve been looking on internet but, you know, I would like to read the words of people who live there or have had an experience on any university or Design School on Northern Europe.

So, what universities / schools do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!!

335 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+3 more
tiam says

I could really recomend Berghs in sweden. It is a highly respected school and most people leaving from there with great jobs. Both in sweden and other countries.

http://www.berghs.se/1/en/Welcome

2322 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

Well, there are a couple here, really good once’s but i dont have any experince with them

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

If you are planning on a freelance career I recommend the school of life and use the web to learn in your own time for free – everything you need to learn is available at google.com :)

However if you want a career in a studio or company then yes, a degree is 100% necessary – just wanted to say that.

1 post
GringoS04 says

I have about exactly that master degree you describe above from the ITU in Denmark:

http://www1.itu.dk/sw5211.asp

I can really recommend it. Denmark and especially Copenhagen I can recommend as well.

2322 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
CreativeMilk says
If you are planning on a freelance career I recommend the school of life and use the web to learn in your own time for free – everything you need to learn is available at google.com :) However if you want a career in a studio or company then yes, a degree is 100% necessary – just wanted to say that.

Well even if you are an freelancer a degree is always usefull.

And i know a lot of people that work in a company or studio that didn’t have there degree, it’s not always required but it will get you an job much faster

529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+3 more
AmandaHackwith says

I got my Masters in technical design and, even though I don’t work in corporate anymore, I still find it useful and think it was well worth the time—if only for the communication skills I gained and opportunities to experiment. Find a program that emphasizes service projects and real world design practices as well as graduate-level design theory.

The important thing to keep in mind with any graduate program: you get out of it exactly as much as you put into it. Love what you study and dive in. :)

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
If you are planning on a freelance career I recommend the school of life and use the web to learn in your own time for free – everything you need to learn is available at google.com :) However if you want a career in a studio or company then yes, a degree is 100% necessary – just wanted to say that.

+1

Totally agree, for freelancing clients want to see portfolio, having a First Class Degree to show off helps as well though ;) :)

122 posts
  • Spain
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
aditivadesign says

Thanks everyone!

Actually, I want a degree because I’m planning a freelance carrer ;) and mainly because I’m looking for the aspect that “googling” doesn’t provides me: the human part, the cultural part, the sharing experiences with other students ans professionals, etc..

BTW , I wrote “Holland” but I mean Netherlands, sorry :)

2322 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
CreativeMilk says
BTW , I wrote “Holland” but I mean Netherlands, sorry :)

LOL , it’s THE Netherlands :P

by
by
by
by
by
by