860 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

I think if VideoHive allows authors to create full HD 1920×1080 content, they’re going to have to increase the file size limit. With ZIP compression, 1GB would be ideal and probably the most realistic for Envato’s server capacities.

98 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bulgaria
+6 more
Stefoto says

Actually I had the same issue a week or so ago. I created a project and the file size of all the elements used in the project including the tutorial went 515 mb and I contacted Mark to ask him what to do. He told me that even he approve the project the system won’t accept it because it is over 500mb. So I think that they really should increase the file size at least to 1GB. Nowadays the internet connections are super fast and 1GB shouldn’t be a problem to download it.

+1 for 1GB

270 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+4 more
VinhSonNguyen says
Stefoto said
Actually I had the same issue a week or so ago. I created a project and the file size of all the elements used in the project including the tutorial went 515 mb and I contacted Mark to ask him what to do. He told me that even he approve the project the system won’t accept it because it is over 500mb. So I think that they really should increase the file size at least to 1GB. Nowadays the internet connections are super fast and 1GB shouldn’t be a problem to download it. +1 for 1GB

Yes, it’s a HUGE pain to re-render all the pre-rendered elements again! +1

860 posts Nicely done
+9 more
Stefoto said
Nowadays the internet connections are super fast and 1GB shouldn’t be a problem to download it. +1 for 1GB

Good point, and also, as far as I know, competing marketplaces don’t have a 500mb limit. Time to get in line with the competition?

557 posts I have hope and a wonderful future in God
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
yeremia says

More space is more better :) but, in my country, internet is very slow…so is hard to upload the file more than 250mb….because i thing if user from my country (indonesia) want to buy the project and the size of the project is bigger, how can be to buying that project ?

NB. Sorry for my english.

860 posts Nicely done
+9 more

There are parts of the US where internet is slow, and downloading a 1gb file would take a very long amount of time.

But in the interest of expanding an author’s flexibility to produce quality projects, increasing the file size limit would be very beneficial.

2355 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Everyone who has at least 200kbps in average will not have trouble downloading a 1gb file, I think.

98 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bulgaria
+6 more
Stefoto says

As far as I know other websites like Istockphoto or revostock doesn’t have limits for file size. A friend of mine is shooting stock video and uploading it at Istock and he uploads files that are sometimes over 1GB so I think that’s time to increase the limit per project.

437 posts butlerm.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
butlerm says

After reading all of this at times 500mb size limit has been problematic for me at times but I usually think of ways around getting some files smaller or using a different codec… It’s sometimes sucks having to do it but I think ultimately a client would like smaller files because they download faster and take up less room on your computer.

4909 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Max file size is something I’ve always struggled with. Realistically as HD becomes the norm, we need to be able to provide files in at least 1080. But to get to that point for an involved project, or a decent stock footage clip, the max size is pretty limiting. I’ve discussed raising the limit in the past, but at the time, the benefits did not outweigh the costs. I do know that the 500MB limit is not a permanent one. I’ll bring the subject back up in my next conference call and see if there’s anything we can do.

by
by
by
by
by
by