277 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
girlscancode says

I am very sure this was previously discussed in the forums, but I can’t seem to find that topic anywhere! I want to code my recently approved PSD file into HTML /CSS/Js. Is it OK if in the HTML pack I also include a copy of my PSD file, giving the fact that this PSD file is also on sale here on ThemeForest?

1141 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

Due to the fact that it is not allowed to offer “free” bonuses to purchases plus it’s not allowed to “sell” the very same item twice on the marketplace I would feel like it’s not allowed.
Basically, your PSD would be a “free bonus” for purchasing the HTML – or else, the HTML would be a “free bonus” for purchasing the PSD .

If I am wrong, I obviously didn’t understand the marketplace rules yet. Hoping for clarification.

277 posts
+3 more
girlscancode says

Hmmm… You’re right KarmaThemes! I’ll just put a link to the psd file to show people that is for sale too

159 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
starshade says

Hmmm… You’re right KarmaThemes! I’ll just put a link to the psd file to show people that is for sale too

No he is not right. You can include the psd with the html files and wordpress too.

What you are not allowed is to offer free stuff to the buyers who already purchased your template – for example, in the documentation, to include a link to your site where some stuff can be downloaded only if the client purchased your template.

As long as you include all your bonus stuff in the MAIN DOWNLOAD FILE , you can throw in there everything you want.

1141 posts
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

No he is not right.

Thanks for clearing that up, but I may insist on the fact that I am female ^^
Interesting fact tho, I see that quite as a double standard of Envato. No harm, I simply don’t understand.
I will consider including all our HTML versions to the WP item and vice versa, that’s a good purchase motivation.

67 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
bogdan_09 says

I think you can include the PSD because is related to the respective template. If a buyer would like to change something on the desing (gradient, shadows …) probably the best way to do it is directly on psd. But to include the html version to the WP version shouldn’t be allowed.

4342 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Yes you can.

558 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
kriskorn says

There has been a lot of discussion over it lately…
People have always included PSD ’s to their coded templates, it is allowed and most welcomed.

Lately there were some situations where people sold a template in here ThemeForest and gave something free to their buyers, which wasn’t included in the main.zip download. This is not allowed.
By the way Your PSD template is spot on.

Good luck,
Kris

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
chenboyu says

I think the rule is: more free/extra goodies you give, more people will like to buy it, well just IME :)

1877 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

PSD is not a bonus, it is a source file ;) Or how else is the buyer supposed to edit your template’s images? The only rule is that you do not have to include the PSD – but you can and should for the buyers sake.

by
by
by
by
by
by