1141 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

I never questioned PSD being allowed to be included to themes or templates, we have always done that as well.
I was specifically wondering about the exact same PSD files that are already for sale on themeforest. Also, I consider Source files as e.g. the very background images, icons, graphics. But all the text, grid, layout of the PSD is not a source that’s necessary for editing a HTML /WP item.

Well, does that rule count for HTML being included to WP files and vice versa as well? In other words, can I put my HTML items which are on themforest in the WP item for download and advertise it like that?

1875 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

In other words, can I put my HTML items which are on themforest in the WP item for download and advertise it like that?

No, HTML version is different from WordPress version – the code is not same. It is a different product. Plus the WordPress version is already an editable source code so including HTML version would be selling two different products in on package.

Just because you write HTML version first and then you convert it to WP – that does not mean HTML version is the source. For example we code straight to WordPress, no HTML version first. Therefore an HTML version is not a necessary source. But PSD is – if your item uses images of course, so they have a layered source which they can edit.

1141 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

Ah, I think I start getting the point. Thanks mate!

In other words, can I put my HTML items which are on themforest in the WP item for download and advertise it like that?

No, HTML version is different from WordPress version – the code is not same. It is a different product. Plus the WordPress version is already an editable source code so including HTML version would be selling two different products in on package.

Just because you write HTML version first and then you convert it to WP – that does not mean HTML version is the source. For example we code straight to WordPress, no HTML version first. Therefore an HTML version is not a necessary source. But PSD is – if your item uses images of course, so they have a layered source which they can edit.
34 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
admiral_adictus says

How about… what if..

You’re selling a PSD file. And you want to code it and sell it as a web template or wordpress theme.

Can you still include the PSD file in the theme you created?

I’m new here. just wondering.

by
by
by
by
by
by