• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
ClassRecords says

Hi everyone, I was just wandering if maybe we’re not understanding what is people really looking for in this site.. I’m writing this because, especially for the last 3 tracks we uploaded, we’re having no positive response at all, and we thought we produced something good.. So my question is: what do you think of them? Maybe they do not fit with what people need? Or they are simply not good enough? Please be clear and don’t worry to criticize! It’s not self promotion, just a bit of sadness.. We would really like to understand what we are missing and we need your support! If you feel like this is a promotion, please lock this thread. Thank you for your support, Paolo and Lucio

QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts
Threads Started
1030 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says

Hi,

I’m sure that your intention is not self promotion, BUT it is not allowed to post links to your items in THIS forum!

Next time please start a thread in the “item discussion” forum, there you can post links to your items!

Thanks for understanding!

264 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
soundengine says

Nice tracks. I think you have an unusual panning of the instruments in both of the tracks. I would use headphones while panning the instruments and follow a more conventional route while mixing.

When instruments are not panned properly, it becomes tiring to the ears if you are listening with headphones.

240 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
ClassRecords says

Links removed! Sorry for this, I did’nt know.. I will put the same thread on the item discussion. Thank you for helping!

48 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
bluelagoon says

The tracks are very nice guys but are not even half a month old. You can’t expect every track to be a bestseller unless you bring your own clients to the website. You are not even 1 year old on the website, it takes time to build a consistent clientel . Just look at all the authors with silver badges and above, I think all of them are over 1 year old on the website and are very consistent, underline this: very consistent. There is a thread here somewhere made by Scott on guidelines to sell and promote your music. Read it and use it. Also use twitter, facebook and any other promotion medium you can get your hands on to promote, talk to videohive and flashden authors and ask them if they would be interested in collaborations, but don’t spam!

Making great music and knowing how to promote it are 2 very different things. 
Good luck guys!
240 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
ClassRecords says

Thank you guys for the kind replies! I will follow your advices!

580 posts
  • Germany
Basspartout says

Hey ClassRecords, these are very nice tracks and i am sure they will sell in time. You guys do a great job and if you continue on this level you will no doubt build up a good clientele. But yeah…. patience…tell me about it :bigwink:
Greetings
Basspartout

409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
joesacco says

Your tracks are good. 40 sales since October is actually incredible.

1148 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
garethcoker Reviewer says

The tracks are very nice guys but are not even half a month old. You can’t expect every track to be a bestseller unless you bring your own clients to the website. You are not even 1 year old on the website, it takes time to build a consistent clientel . Just look at all the authors with silver badges and above, I think all of them are over 1 year old on the website and are very consistent, underline this: very consistent. There is a thread here somewhere made by Scott on guidelines to sell and promote your music. Read it and use it. Also use twitter, facebook and any other promotion medium you can get your hands on to promote, talk to videohive and flashden authors and ask them if they would be interested in collaborations, but don’t spam! Making great music and knowing how to promote it are 2 very different things. Good luck guys!

While this statement has a lot of things that are correct, I want to point out that I have NEVER done any promotion outside this site. I am however, consistent, and this is the best message of this post.

I have been selling files on the marketplace since October 2010 (16 months).

The biggest thing is for your music to be consistent, and for you to be actively uploading music on a regular basis (not all at once) when you first start out. It also helps if you can find a niche early on.

One method to get noticed is to have a track in the weekly best sellers (look at ‘sweetwaveaudio’ for example). That can really help – but you need to be good at self-promotion and have an ace track.

However…. I have never had a track in the Weekly Top Sellers list in 16 months on AJ, yet I sell consistently from month to month. So….the other thing to do is to find a niche. Forgive me if this is self-promotion, but the way I got noticed (I think) on this website was because of my Epic Drums Of Doom tracks, which a lot of people view and many have purchased.

People go to Tim McMorris for the pop songs with catchy vocals, but – and I’m sure he won’t mind me saying this – people are less likely to go for him for the cinematic stuff for example.

So, if you can’t make the bestsellers list, make a niche, but you have to make your niche attractive to buyers so that they can relate to it. Once you’ve established a niche, then you can branch out. That’s basically what I’ve done, and it’s served me pretty well, though there are a couple of authors (pinkzebra, thesecession, cleanmindsounds) who have risen up the leaderboards even faster.

At some point when I have more time, I’ll invest heavily in self-promotion just to see what the results are and how big a difference it makes. But I want to point out that it is entirely possible to be successful on this marketplace without doing any promotional work whatsoever, you just need to find a niche, be the best at that niche, and also you must be consistent and regularly active on the marketplace.

580 posts
  • Germany
Basspartout says

thanks for sharing that, gareth :-)
that’s very motivating and inspiring and totally underlines my own belief.

by
by
by
by
by
by