HEEEEELP ! HEEEEEELLLLLLP!
I’m here from Unknown Depths curious of what fellow graphicriver designers may have to say about our double-rejected PowerPoint Presentation: Water Cities.
Here is the second rejection notice:
Unfortunately your submission Water Cities – PowerPoint Presentation isn’t quite ready for GraphicRiver and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.
Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:
This presentation need work with it’s typography, layout, colors, style and composition.
Work on the typography by tweaking the text, try with different fonts and different font sizes to get a better look and feel of the text.
It’s layout look “messy” due to the intensity of the backgrounds, colors and effects used.
Colors used don’t match nor blend very well in certain areas and need a closer look.
It’s styling for the icons need a second look over, it look outdated and lacks composition with it’s colors and styling.
It’s composition in general requires a lot more work before we’re able to reconsider it for GraphicRiver and the overall look and feel is outdated compared to our requirements.
Rate your item review? http://nicereply.com/envato-review.GraphicRiver/145415/3493414
Thanks for your submission! - The Envato Marketplaces Team
Here is the promo and a couple of screen shots. I feel so “out-dated” as a designer! :^(
Any and all feedback, criticism and opinions will be very well received. Thanks GraphicRiver community!
- Nun Kwon
I love it!
Maybe you should use sans-serif fonts (Helvetica, Bebas, ...)
And one thing more. Try to use some float. Or left or right.
Best regards, Luka Cvetinovic!
Thanks for the reply!
Are sans-serif fonts the only style of fonts GraphicRiver prefers users to use? I’m not sure if serif font style is out-of-date… They seem to work with this template but I will give the sans-serif style a try.
Use some “float?” What exactly is meant by “float?” Sounds like html coding.
- Nun Kwon
It looks original But I agree with what the reviewer said, the background and layout is a little bit too messy to get viewer’s attraction to the content. Maybe make it blur? And expand the layout a little bit, don’t get too much information on a slide. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps
Thanks for the input. I was considering blurring the background or screening it with something… This “messy” thing is intriguing to me. I’ll have to see how else something of this visual theme can be ordered. It all looks pretty straight forward and organized to be, but that’s why I need eyes like yours and others for critique.
Very much appreciated.
- Nun Kwon
Yes your design seems messy. Im not a pro but I can give you a little suggestion to get rid of the messy look. before that I have tell you that the impropper color matching in between the item canvases and the background and the complexity of the components of the back ground image has made it looks messy. So it’s better to take the following actions
- Try to make the background a tiny sublte pattern or a low contrasting image or a gradient
- Your items can be contrasted out so the color you use for the back ground must be matching with a contrast behavior (Example : Black for background and orange for contents, whilte for back ground and ocean blue for contents ect.. ect.. so u can change only your back ground for the color you have selected for the items
- And in the other hand I dont see any purpose of using these kinds of complex views for the back ground the images of a city and night is obviously messy it self, so better to remove them or if you really really need to use them shade them or do what ever necessary to highlight out the content canvases
- Some contents seems not positioned geometrically
- Using tiny lines this was is an out dated technique and it can kill the geometry of item positioning
- Font face it self does not match the general design, it give an elegant (Royal) look but that look doesn’t match your back grounds and general design
- Font sizes specially for bullet points seems unwantedly large and and capitalized, so better to make the font size a bit smaller
- Try using font faces with perfect shapes rather than shapes which keeps pointed edges. and I feel the overall font size seems a bit larger….Larger font sizes make the general look messy and unprofessional design
SO these are something I can see… there will be ins and outs of this posting here below by other authors, so read all the comments carefully and plan your self what you need to do….... ignore if something wrong has types as Im not a pro or an elite author….. just tried to help you
Hey your words, opinion and critique is very much appreciated. Thank you. In regards to the background… What do you think about using only the “Icon Tiled” backgrounds (3rd row under the “31 High Definition Backgrounds” section in the promo flyer or the 2nd preview shown under the flyer).
The reason these were provided was to enable users to achieve a cohesive look amongst all slides, should the user wish to have this option. The default background in the master template is one that is water-like and abstract in nature (seen in the first example of the 2nd row under the “31 High Definition Backgrounds” section in the promo flyer).
It seems that many people feel serif typeface doesn’t work with the overall theme I was trying to go for here. Hmm…
I’m happy to have received your response. Thanks again. I will take everything into consideration.
- Nun Kwon
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.