6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in South Africa
simbasounds says

I hope this is the right place to post this query. Please redirect me if not.

I’m using the Origin Theme from Elegant Themes. I chose it because I liked the image “wall” type gallery on the front page. My requirement is that clicking a block should take me to another wall-type (flush margins / padding, no border on images) gallery of thumbnails, this time with a 3×4 or 9×16 aspect ratio. These images should then open the full size in a lightbox when clicked. I don’t require there to any info on or next-to the images, either in the galleries or in the lightbox.

I couldn’t make the theme do that with it’s existing options. I didn’t like it’s built gallery. So I purchased Media Grid, now having the broken thumbnail issue.

But also I’m not sure if there is a way to process 500 images into galleries without adding each image one-by-one. So before I decide on whether to attempt to fix the broken thumbnails I need to know: Is there an automatic way to upload and create Media Grid galleries from folders with lots of images, using some kind of bulk / batch uploader?

If not, can someone recommend a more suitable theme or gallery plugin for my needs?

Here’s my work-in-progress: http://lizzalittlewort.co.za/ You’ll see that I’ve changed the color scheme on the theme as well, with some difficulty hacking the CSS to get links not to display in white, so I don’t require Origin’s background colors.

769 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

Why don’t you ask me in private before open a new thread? :)
I have created GlobalGallery for customers that wanted to manage huge amounts of images fastly.

Initially, You’ll have the same timthumb issue but I’m going answer your ticket in few minutes ;)

6 posts
simbasounds says

Why don’t you ask me in private before open a new thread? :)
I have created GlobalGallery for customers that wanted to manage huge amounts of images fastly. Initially, You’ll have the same timthumb issue but I’m going answer your ticket in few minutes ;)

Thanks Luco. It was a general query, but you’ve answered it and the next person struggling will hopefully find the answer by googling it. I’ll be the first customer.. :)

6 posts
simbasounds says

...and yes, I am still having the TimThumb issue and it’s been 8 hours since you said “I’m going answer your ticket in few minutes”. After which I sent you a ticket reply. Sorry to be a pain – I know I mentioned it’s my girlfriend’s site, but she needs it to earn a living.

6 posts
simbasounds says

Sorry.. was a bit desperate back then. Luca at LCWeb has been unbelievably helpful.

Thanks, to several great-looking, well-functioning sites with awesome-looking galleries based on Global Gallery and Media Grid I’m back in business :)

by
by
by
by
by
by