• Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

I originaly saw this idea from these guys If I understood correctly they were the first ones to combine DSLR with RC Helicopter. And a short interview here.

good link filips. I don’t think these guys came out originally with the helicopter thing. I’m always looking an interesting tools film makers use to make money.

@alex: totally! I tried to fly my little cousin’s remote helicopter and I was a complete failure. Lol

20 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
jackoart says

The name of this gadget is “hexacopter”. One friend of mine has such a device. I have not driven this thing yet, but it seems much more stable than ordinary RC heli’s with DSLR . He shots with 5DMk2 and despite the high weight, each landing is smooth and slightly. This device can fly to more than 350/400 meters height. It’s very useful!

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Hey Daniel,

Do you know of a company that actually sells these things? The site you linked to has the example, but it looks like a wedding studio that is utilizing this in their workflow. I’ve seen a few other video equipped helicopters before, but they were basically regular looking RC copters with mods to hold video. This thing looks like it would be much easier to control with the extra blades.

More info would be awesome!

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

@Jacko: I think they called it “Scylla” because it sounds cool…lol

Hey Mark!

I was triggered with the same question too. I was at California when this friend of mine told me about this guys (they do film production as well as wedding videography).

I asked this guys if they have plans to sell this, as I believe this was really stable like you said as the video previews shown in their website. They said they have no plans to sell it but I’m doing research of where can a videographer put hands on this toys. Yesterday I went to Toys R Us to check for radio remote helicopters like this but it didnt work out… lol

I will send you an email if I find something.

576 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
flashato says

I saw this “workflow” in one of the video of this wonderful course .The “pilot” was an expert, and works several years for Nat Geo.
Not sure if I will put my DSRL + Lens on one of those things….But if well done, for sure you have the money shot in your pocket :)

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

@Flashato: thanks for that link! I was thinking the same about the pilot thing. This guy told me the Scylla is very stable and easy to fly but just in case, a pilot with 5 years of experience is required. LOL .

@Placdarms: I won’t. I’m not that kind of person who wont share anything just to keep it to himself as a benefit. At least you can give me a badge for that…some kind of widget icon for research on new DSLR tools…lol

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

I’ve found some interesting company doing this little cool helicopters! I don’t think you guys will be happy about the price though. The dragan flyer x4 is the most affordable solution and starts at $8,495 but it is definitely awesome!

Here is the link:

http://www.draganfly.com/industrial/products.php

Check the specs and more configurations to request a quote:

http://www.draganfly.com/quote/quote-df-x4.php

This things are expensive for a reason. This company seems to know what they are doing. I’m still doing more research to see if I can find something more affordable.

by
by
by
by
by
by