• Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
john says

As I’m sure you’re aware: PhotoDune is now in beta for all pre-existing marketplace users.

We’re probably going to stay at this level of beta for around 4 weeks – depending very much on how well (or not) it goes with our current community.

Please put any bugs/issues/suggestions/feedback either in reply to this thread – or start a new one under the “Site Feedback tab”

We’re definitely aware there’s a few rough edges. The most notable is that we don’t have a very efficient bulk photo upload tool yet, but we’re working really hard on one that should be ready for everyone to try before we go to a full public beta.

Anyway, we’ve been working on this for quite a while now, and the whole dev team really, really hopes you like it.

846 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Malaysia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
kaixer says

Woo. Very nice. :)

110 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
cartermatic says

One thing I noticed is that under the upload instructions I think the wording is wrong on this statement:

Inappropriate Content & Language We do not accept photographs that contain inappropriate or explicit sexual, violent or drug-related content. This applies to any part of your submission including your item title and description. As a general rule of thumb, we only accept PG-13 content – images that are safe for a 13 year old or younger to see.

Unless I am reading it wrong shouldn’t the bold part say “As a general rule of thumb, we only accept PG-13 content – images that are safe for a 13 year old or older to see.”? I know that in order to see PG-13 movies here in the U.S. you have to be 13 years of age or older (or with a parent/guardian.)

580 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Portugal
plusquare says

Really great work guys, a lot of fresh images here.

Small bug/miss: on the authors profile there isn’t a for example ‘34 Photodune Items’ i usually hit the button view portfolio below this, but this part is missing i think

Let’s see how big this market gets, hope it brings a lot of traffic to the marketplaces :)

308 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
dpremium says

I tried to upload several times my zip file is around 40 mb , and everytime i submit it it says “Not allowed 405..”

Is there something wrong with the server for upload?

And now while i was writing this i noticed 4 new messages with “Hello dpremium, your portfolio has been uploaded, our reviewers will review it in the next 3-5 days and we’ll email you once it’s been reviewed. “

60 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • New Zealand
oberto says

Never mind. Shoddy internet.

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • New Zealand
oberto says
oberto said
Never mind. Shoddy internet.

The “Hidden” tab is broke. No crazy errors or anything but “Something went wrong…” page.

149 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
Jason says
oberto said
The “Hidden” tab is broke. No crazy errors or anything but “Something went wrong…” page.

I’ve dropped in a ticket for the devs, should be sorted tomorrow .

2964 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+11 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

Some feedback from a buyers point of view. I purchased 2 photos today and had problems finding the photos.

The normal process I use to buy stock photos is:

1. save the jpg proof to my computer 2. put it in my design to show the client 3. after the client approved the photo I could copy & paste the file name into the search to find the photo buy page again 4. purchase the photo

Unfortunately this process doesn’t work on photo dune there is no “item number” to search for or the file name doesn’t bring up the photo either. I had to go back through pages of photos to find the chosen one.

My suggestion would be to add an item number to the start of each photo proof file name, or make the search bring up the file names; other wise its impossible to find your image again.

308 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says
dtbaker said
Some feedback from a buyers point of view. I purchased 2 photos today and had problems finding the photos.

The normal process I use to buy stock photos is:

1. save the jpg proof to my computer 2. put it in my design to show the client 3. after the client approved the photo I could copy & paste the file name into the search to find the photo buy page again 4. purchase the photo

Unfortunately this process doesn’t work on photo dune there is no “item number” to search for or the file name doesn’t bring up the photo either. I had to go back through pages of photos to find the chosen one.

My suggestion would be to add an item number to the start of each photo proof file name, or make the search bring up the file names; other wise its impossible to find your image again.

This is 1000% right on target. Without the code to locate the photo again or light boxes getting back would be a huge pain.

by
by
by
by
by
by