• Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says
cartermatic said
One thing I noticed is that under the upload instructions I think the wording is wrong on this statement:
Inappropriate Content & Language We do not accept photographs that contain inappropriate or explicit sexual, violent or drug-related content. This applies to any part of your submission including your item title and description. As a general rule of thumb, we only accept PG-13 content – images that are safe for a 13 year old or younger to see.
Unless I am reading it wrong shouldn’t the bold part say “As a general rule of thumb, we only accept PG-13 content – images that are safe for a 13 year old or older to see.”? I know that in order to see PG-13 movies here in the U.S. you have to be 13 years of age or older (or with a parent/guardian.)

The wording is correct, but confusing. While PG-13 means that you have to be 13 or older to view it, this is the maximum rating PhotoDune will accept, meaning that it should be appropriate for everyone aged 13 or younger.

144 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
joomlaianer says

for me as a buyer it`s really frustrating to search a picture. because a seller upoads ( for example ) 100 pictures. so there 5 pages only with the (same) pictures of the same seller.

maybe it`s better that a seller can upload a “picture set” or something.

that would be better for the overview for buyers.

28 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+3 more
ChewedKandi Staff says

I’m a buyer of stock and do enjoy browsing categories to find the correct image for a project.

May I request the function to be able to alter the amount of items per page?

296 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CodeFusion says
fillerspace said
cartermatic said
One thing I noticed is that under the upload instructions I think the wording is wrong on this statement:
Inappropriate Content & Language We do not accept photographs that contain inappropriate or explicit sexual, violent or drug-related content. This applies to any part of your submission including your item title and description. As a general rule of thumb, we only accept PG-13 content – images that are safe for a 13 year old or younger to see.
Unless I am reading it wrong shouldn’t the bold part say “As a general rule of thumb, we only accept PG-13 content – images that are safe for a 13 year old or older to see.”? I know that in order to see PG-13 movies here in the U.S. you have to be 13 years of age or older (or with a parent/guardian.)
The wording is correct, but confusing. While PG-13 means that you have to be 13 or older to view it, this is the maximum rating PhotoDune will accept, meaning that it should be appropriate for everyone aged 13 or younger.

Wouldn’t it be less confusing to say

...we only accept G to PG-13 content …
50 posts
Allseeingeye says

THANKS SO MUCH ! Envato this is just amazing, I still cant believe how fantastic this is, seriously we need to get the word out to as many people as possible, it would be a great shame to see such a great concept go to waste due to the lack of coverage.

I hope the photographers and Envato get the feedback they deserve, truly revolutionary! Im so excited, I think I just creamed in my pants hahaha

1 post
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
CLAYTONALLEN says

Way too many puppies!

I noticed that only twenty minutes after my portfolio contributions were accepted they were quickly unrecoverable as there were 32 pages of dogs and cats.

Any way to get those consolidated into a folder?

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

^ Try to create several thousands images, or you’ll have no options in this marketplace. :(

1479 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Envato Staff
+5 more
collis Staff says

Hey Clayton, beautiful photos, I love this one! http://photodune.net/item/dubai-canopy/398931

In terms of the photo volume, we’re taking the approach that buyers are going to be interested in very specific images, so we’re going for a fairly large, but high quality library.

As Pez says this may feel like you’re going to get swamped, but I think that photos are something where a fairly large portfolio is the best way to earn a decent amount of money. We need to work on our search of course to make sure that stuff can be found – and we are doing that at the moment.

I’ve been reading up a lot about photo marketplaces, and everything I’ve found indicates this is the right strategy, but we’ll see I guess!

Thanks so much for uploading though, really stunning photography!

1 post
dhuffman says

This is a great addition to the Envato Family! I love that you have such a broad selection and not everyone is a model and you have “every day people” too. The pricing is awesome and I will definitely be buying much fewer photos from IStock. You made my day!

1479 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Envato Staff
+5 more
collis Staff says

Yay! Thanks drhyne :-) I hope we continue to deliver a product you are happy with!

by
by
by
by
by
by