413 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
realthing says

OK…. lets clear this up please…..

Are we aloud to use videos from famous football players or models or music video clips or movies

If not….. please take out the video of Christian Ronaldo. I know that the job of a reviewer is hard but some things are obvious.

If on the other side we can use whatever we like just crediting the source, make an official announcement so everybody can use whatever he wants.

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Indeed..

5087 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

No you can’t. If you took the author quiz, you should know that.

If you see something like that, drop a line to support. The file will be removed.

413 posts
+4 more
realthing says

Hi Felt :)

Yes I know very well the rules, and I follow them always. What I wrote above is because I want to be sarcastic… if this is the right word.

That’s because in the past I had several soft rejection with the following reasons

The …. watermarked music that I use in my preview, you could hear it also in my…. video tutorial…... so I had to make the tutorial again without the music.

Another time I got soft rejected because one of my compositions was named comp1 so the reviewer ask me to give a name .

(the composition wasn’t actually something that you had to edit but just a pre/comp of some elements.)

I also got soft rejected because the quality of my video preview wasn’t good enough.

In all cases I follow the instructions of the reviewer without complain EVER .

The price of this soft rejection is …...lost of exposure…. because if I am not in the first page as I plan…... I have less exposure. So every time I got a soft rejection for any reason…. I am loosing valuable time.

So ….. every time I see in the front page someone that brake the rules BIG TIME and his file is excepted so easily I get crazy.

BTW ….. the author that use Christian Ronaldo to give some extra appeal in his file….. also he take the Author Quiz…. so…....

856 posts Nicely done
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

The best way to avoid rejections and copyright issues is simple. Just use content that you own without having to seek out permission or proper licenses, and you’ll be fine!

700 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says
413 posts
+4 more
realthing says

The best way to avoid rejections and copyright issues is simple. Just use content that you own without having to seek out permission or proper licenses, and you’ll be fine!

This is what I am doing I send a private message to the author that he is using wrong footage hopping to change it.

Any way… it makes me impression how this things can pass the reviewers team

700 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

private message to the author :) forget this:)

This is what I am doing I send a private message to the author that he is using wrong footage hopping to change it.

5087 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

What I wrote above is because I want to be sarcastic…

I guessed it might be, but you can never be too certain. ;-)

Once you’ve been knocking around the forums for a bit longer, I’ll probably know exactly what you mean.

I know it seems a bit unfair, but it’s just one that slipped through the net. Report to support and it’ll be taken down. Actually, it’s in the author’s interest to take it down, because Envato ultimately makes it the author’s responsibility to use legal images.

413 posts
+4 more
realthing says

What I wrote above is because I want to be sarcastic…

I guessed it might be, but you can never be too certain. ;-)

Once you’ve been knocking around the forums for a bit longer, I’ll probably know exactly what you mean.

I know it seems a bit unfair, but it’s just one that slipped through the net. Report to support and it’ll be taken down. Actually, it’s in the author’s interest to take it down, because Envato ultimately makes it the author’s responsibility to use legal images.

:) I will

by
by
by
by
by
by