844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Hi all,

is there a way I can merge or apply smarter filters definitely to a smart object without them remaining editable/visible in my layers pallette?

I’m not sure if I got this right, but I think that some of the mockups on sale here which use Smart Objects for you to simply paste your artwork in have a series of smart filters applied which you cannot see or edit.

I assume that this is the authors not wanting to give away their secrets ;)

Is this correct? Can this be done? If so how?

Cheers

Chris

PS: I have a product markup ready, but I will leave all filters, adjustments, etc open for posterior editability because I think it makes more sense to allow the authors to make some adjustments to get the best out of what ever artwork they paste into the mockup…

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says

As far as I am aware, for a smart filter to work, it has to remain intact, editable and therefore be available in your layers panel.

I haven’t found any mock ups that attempt to hide these.

I like to use smart filters for simply giving the customer the ability and flexibility to change the level of filters applied to their own liking :)

844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Thanks Q&E … I guess I assumed wrong .. hmmm … Must figure out how they did what they did then, if it’s not “merged” Smart filters :)

I agree: a solid preset and then leave the customers the ability to refine settings to their liking…

Cheers

Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by