2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hey guys, it’s kinda frustrating that we can’t send a message to users that are not authors. For instance…

On one of my templates a user posted a comment saying that they wanted to buy my template but it was having a display problem in IE (I accidentally over wrote the correction before submission, oops!). As soon as I noticed the comment I fixed the problem and submitted the changes. I posted a comment to the template to let them know what changes I made so they don’t have to wait for the fixed files to be accepted.

But, it would be nice to be able to message them letting them know that I fixed the problem (one of them purchased the template). So it would help get the sale from the user who wanted to buy it and also update the users who had already bought it.

Alternatively or additionally, it would be very nice if users had the option of subscribing to the comments on a template/theme. How else are they going to know about updates, bug fixes, etc. They have to constantly check back and if someone buys lots of templates/themes, they won’t be checking them all.

Any way we could get some of this functionality worked in ThemeForest admin guys?

+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Also, why isn’t there an option to edit comments on templates or posts here in the forums. Sometimes I post something and it isn’t formatted as expected but I have no way of correcting it.

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Im pretty sure you can edit your own forum posts withing a certain amount of time after posting.

As for your other point, its a great idea, guess we will have to see what the staff says.

Drew

Edit-Now i am positive you can edit forum posts shortly after posting :D

+12 more
jremick Envato team says

WHOA !!! Sweet! I just posted in another thread, made a spelling mistake and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen the edit link on the post. At least it’s there now. :) Maybe it was there all along and I was just being blind or something…

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
o_creative says

It’s always there but just for a limited time after posting :)

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

I agree it would be nice to receive a notification when a buyer posts a comment on one of your items, I find myself just clicking through mine multiple times a day. It also would be nice to receive a notification when you’ve made a sale.

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
I agree it would be nice to receive a notification when a buyer posts a comment on one of your items, I find myself just clicking through mine multiple times a day. It also would be nice to receive a notification when you’ve made a sale.

It is possible to be notified when someone comments on your item, subscribe to the feed below:

http://themeforest.net/feeds/user_item_comments/USERNAME.atom

Obviously, replace with your username.

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

That’s not a very viable option, as I would then be checking a feed reader all day instead of the post itself, either way you’re having to monitor something.

It would be much better to receive email notifications.

+12 more
jremick Envato team says

You can use a service like http://www.rssfwd.com/ to get your rss updates via email.

by
by
by
by
by
by