877 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Why are there 3 illustrations and 2 app icon category on the front page? I believe one of each would be fair enough, give another category some exposure.

I’ll pass on the feedback!

501 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
GraficAndMedia says

Hello, Is it possible to edit a service (add new images) after it got approved? Thanks!

1844 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

Hello, Is it possible to edit a service (add new images) after it got approved? Thanks!

Yes it’s possible, however, after making the edit you will need to wait 48 hours till you can make further edits.

501 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+5 more
GraficAndMedia says

Yes it’s possible, however, after making the edit you will need to wait 48 hours till you can make further edits.

Oh thanks sherman! :)

6071 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Hello, My first job is approved, Requested files is successfully delivered to my client but my balance is zero? and also there is a small tag with my job “WAITING FOR COMPLETION”. What does it means? Is my files rejected? and last thing where is my badges :)

It is funny that the “Waiting for completion” requires action from service provider; as an additional step. I wasted 8 days after job approval and then now looked at the job page which had “Complete” button. Still confused that why not the job considered as complete immediately after buyers approval. The “complete” step is unnecessary; the buyer approval and complete supposed to be same.

I doubt if buyers manages to see the ideal / recommended next step. The comment/communication field seems to be getting “over display” than the activity buttons like “Approve” and “complete”. A service provider can manage these things by experience but every new buyer can’t.

I have completed 3 jobs so far and confirm that the entire process is hard to handle considering the “micro” nature of jobs. FAQ page lacks a proper flow chart of how a job becomes complete (aka payment ready status). Microlancer supposed to have less steps than usual freelancing websites; currently you guys complicated it more than a normal freelance site. Understandably this service is under beta, however not simplifying the process from the start isn’t promising.

KISS Please.

48 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
mixmedia87 says

Still no payouts for this month

1844 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ShermanJackson says

I have to agree with mixmedia87 (Sophia), it’s quite irritating to wait soooo long and have such a lot of money hanging.

476 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

Hello, My first job is approved, Requested files is successfully delivered to my client but my balance is zero? and also there is a small tag with my job “WAITING FOR COMPLETION”. What does it means? Is my files rejected? and last thing where is my badges :)

It is funny that the “Waiting for completion” requires action from service provider; as an additional step. I wasted 8 days after job approval and then now looked at the job page which had “Complete” button. Still confused that why not the job considered as complete immediately after buyers approval. The “complete” step is unnecessary; the buyer approval and complete supposed to be same.

I doubt if buyers manages to see the ideal / recommended next step. The comment/communication field seems to be getting “over display” than the activity buttons like “Approve” and “complete”. A service provider can manage these things by experience but every new buyer can’t.

I have completed 3 jobs so far and confirm that the entire process is hard to handle considering the “micro” nature of jobs. FAQ page lacks a proper flow chart of how a job becomes complete (aka payment ready status). Microlancer supposed to have less steps than usual freelancing websites; currently you guys complicated it more than a normal freelance site. Understandably this service is under beta, however not simplifying the process from the start isn’t promising.

KISS Please.

+1 on all that.

Including the ammount of time spent waiting for the money to arrive to just the ML account and the time wasted waiting for the withdraw.

Other sites do it every week or automatically after completion of the job directly to the paypal account.

Instead of waiting a whole week until the job “closes”, then till the end of the month to get an “automatic withdraw”, then wait a few more for it to arrive to your paypal account and then wait a whole other bunch until it finally arrives to your bank account.

People need to pay bills at the beginning of the month not in the middle or the end.

771 posts kontramax.com
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+15 more
Kontramax says

+1

Testing microlancer and have some things. Got 4 jobs since very begin of May, now 2 closed, 2 still in review, despite I setup my turnarounds/revisions time to minimum 1-2 days. Clients can hold with their feedbacks as long as they want, even with my short terms setted in job descriptions. Add ~8 client’s holidays per month to this time and most part of May profit I will get at end of June so Microlancer become MACROlancer. 30% fee is very expensive, from maximum setup of $500 I will get only miserable $350, for all my hard work?

As betatester I see that unfortunately Microlancer isn’t quite ready for micro jobs and needs improvements:

1) Since microauthors have strict turnaround time, also needed to implement some strict time limitation for clients feedbacks. I think a few days is absolutely enough to choose what logo you want from my 20 variants. 1 working week maximum.

2) Remove 7 happy days ‘waiting for complete’ after job was approved. May be shorten this period to 1 day maximum.

3) Cut the 30% fees in half.

4) Implement authors rating/feedback system and (most important) possibility of sorting authors by rating/price/completed jobs when clients ‘explore services’. For now there is only long messy list of services all-together and our exposure is low. Also needed pager with customizable results quantity instead of ‘Next’ button.

5) Think about make withdraw twice at month maybe, to compensate this possible macro-terms and justify the “Microlancer” title.

Thanks! :sunglasses:

6071 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

+1 Testing microlancer and have some things. Got 4 jobs since very begin of May, now 2 closed, 2 still in review, despite I setup my turnarounds/revisions time to minimum 1-2 days. *Clients can hold with their feedbacks as long as they want, even with my short terms setted in job descriptions. *

Happened to me too. But I am pretty sure the interface is the culprit not buyers (note that they pay first and then job gets completed). Buyers just do not aware about the fact that unless they approve the job, the service provider wont be getting paid. But the job page isn’t exactly guiding the buyer what supposed to be their next action.

And I am not sure about how the emails are formatted for a buyer but I guess an Approve button or info about approval should be directly added to message emails so that a buyer can easily understand their next possible step. Currently, the message emails are just plain text with no useful information like this with a 2 line text:

[Buyer name] has updated your job. To view the update or respond please click the link below: http://www.microlancer.com/account/jobs/xxxx

The above simple message is fine for service providers but if the same happens for buyers (without any help messages below), that could be the reason why buyers are less active to complete the formalities. Also the additional step added for providers to click “Complete” button is completely unnecessary. Overall, everything looks draggy, incomplete and too early to call it as Beta.

by
by
by
by
by
by