7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

microlancer has better rates than specs/contest websites where if I remember well they get around 40%

on specs websites a client want some project to be done but is usually something standard like a logo or a book design. Then a hoard of hungry “designers” jump on the bone and try everything to win the budget, when usually is not even clear if the buyer will actually pay.

Really, really degrading for designers. I know from experience, I’ve tried just to see how all works and I’ve won some contest there a few years back. I feel bad for the other designers that worked on those contest I won. I didn’t had the time so I’ve usually invested 10% of the work made by other people in the contest. I just said to the buyer that if they want to work with me, great, else no hard feelings, because I don’t have the time to show them ten thousands variants. Some of them accepted.

Clients had no fault. The people I’ve worked with there, didn’t understand how those websites functioned, they had the money they wanted the work to be done.

on elance is similar but you need to “bid”. bidding cost money. really. you have a few credits for free but there are not enough since you need to bid on many projects. So you need to buy more of them. If you are lucky you may win but with people that bid 10$ to 20$ for something that cost 1000$ is really frustrating. Also usually, you waste a lot of those bids that cost money on services that are never awarded. Let me repeat. Someone will post some awesome job, you bid with one of your limited token, the job is never awarded, you lost the token, time and money. My personal opinion is that there is a scam involved but this is not the place to talk about this.

Maybe this 30% is high but on microlancer you put your services on display and you are done. If a client is interested in your work, it can see the price, if he accepts you are good to go. No paying for bids, no working like an idiot at the same time with 40 other designers for some remote hope that the buyer will “maybe” chose and pay you.

I like this direct approach from microlancer, lets see if clients will like it also.

I think respect for authors and buyers should be a big point to sell this marketplace idea.

Ideal would had been 15% to 20% :)

129 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
n-media says

Well currently there isn’t really a feedback area for Microlancer, so I guess the Marketplace forums will have to do for now :) I’ll ask Jordan which way they would prefer to get feedback. Thanks!

Update

D’zinc just pointed out to me that Microlancer has their own contact form for giving feedback – http://www.microlancer.com/contact

So yeah, I guess we should probably be using that :)

Thanks for update. We knew about that but problem is that we didn’t got any notification that our feedbacks have reached to them and have been taken into consideration, atleast an autoresponder may be nice so we know some one is receiving it on other end. I hope they are reviewing our feedbacks.

And once again when I ask anything or find any issue on the site, they never replied to me and I hope anyone else also got no any response, or some have recieved ????

That was the reason to start this thread to see is it I who feel the fees too high or others feel the same. And you can see almost 100% testers are saying the same thing. Even buyers too!

129 posts
+2 more
n-media says

microlancer has better rates than specs/contest websites where if I remember well they get around 40%

on specs websites a client want some project to be done but is usually something standard like a logo or a book design. Then a hoard of hungry “designers” jump on the bone and try everything to win the budget, when usually is not even clear if the buyer will actually pay.

Really, really degrading for designers. I know from experience, I’ve tried just to see how all works and I’ve won some contest there a few years back. I feel bad for the other designers that worked on those contest I won. I didn’t had the time so I’ve usually invested 10% of the work made by other people in the contest. I just said to the buyer that if they want to work with me, great, else no hard feelings, because I don’t have the time to show them ten thousands variants. Some of them accepted.

Clients had no fault. The people I’ve worked with there, didn’t understand how those websites functioned, they had the money they wanted the work to be done.

on elance is similar but you need to “bid”. bidding cost money. really. you have a few credits for free but there are not enough since you need to bid on many projects. So you need to buy more of them. If you are lucky you may win but with people that bid 10$ to 20$ for something that cost 1000$ is really frustrating. Also usually, you waste a lot of those bids that cost money on services that are never awarded. Let me repeat. Someone will post some awesome job, you bid with one of your limited token, the job is never awarded, you lost the token, time and money. My personal opinion is that there is a scam involved but this is not the place to talk about this.

Maybe this 30% is high but on microlancer you put your services on display and you are done. If a client is interested in your work, it can see the price, if he accepts you are good to go. No paying for bids, no working like an idiot at the same time with 40 other designers for some remote hope that the buyer will “maybe” chose and pay you.

I like this direct approach from microlancer, lets see if clients will like it also.

I think respect for authors and buyers should be a big point to sell this marketplace idea.

Ideal would had been 15% to 20% :)

Different experiences… Not sure about the rest. But I agree that ideal fees would have been below or around 15%.

129 posts
+2 more
n-media says
So guys please send your feedback to Microlancer here, as KingDog said: http://www.microlancer.com/contact

That way they know about the issue and bring some awesome and balanced plan! Thanks.

2 posts Microlancer General Manager
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
foordstaress Envato team says

Hello I’m Layla, the General Manager here at Microlancer. Over the last few weeks, my team and I have personally answered more than 1000 feedback emails on average 37 hours after they were received. We’ve been taking a lot of time to answer each one individually and we’re using your feedback to develop our product roadmap, the categories and features as well as some of our processes. It is so important to me, that we get this right – we want to build a product that you want to use and are part of building. Unfortunately, last week we discovered a setting in our support tool, which had prevented all of our lovingly crafted replies actually being sent to you. So to say that we were disappointed would be an understatement and now that we have discovered the issues, you should start to see responses for new tickets coming through. We’re working with the support tool to resend our previous replies and hope to get them all out to you soon.

All we can do is say sorry, we missed it and hope that we can make it up to you with great responses, user centred product development and lots of jobs on Microlancer. Layla

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

hmm…

no staff badge? :)

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
SuggeElson says

hmm… no staff badge? :)

No avatar :))

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

hmm… no staff badge? :)
No avatar :))

They were too busy with answering emails.. No time for badges :D

On a serious note, her name does appear on the Envato staff list :)

7604 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

On a serious note, her name does appear on the Envato staff list :)

yes, but the user is foordstaress :)

I’m thinking that when you become a staff member they will add your user to the staff list. Maybe they forgot about it.

Please update the profile, we are very suspicious people :)

2 posts Microlancer General Manager
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
foordstaress Envato team says

My badge is on it’s way, sorry to make you suspicious!

You can find me here: http://www.microlancer.com/about-us

Thanks Layla

by
by
by
by
by
by