2201 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says

MS lost a case to the EU, so now in March every windows user will receive a popup giving them the option to switch browsers. NOW THAT IS CHANGE .

4335 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+11 more
Reaper-Media Envato team says
MS lost a case to the EU, so now in March every windows user will receive a popup giving them the option to switch browsers. NOW THAT IS CHANGE .

Seriously? Awesome!!! :D How come I didn’t hear about this before!!! Web links please!

2201 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
ArikB says
Seriously? Awesome!!! :D How come I didn’t hear about this before!!! Web links please!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2010527045_microsofteu17.html

4335 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+11 more

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2010527045_microsofteu17.html

YAY !!! :)

177 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
conceptcoding says

So wait, it will pop up in already installed systems?

This will confuse alot of users, even if it is a good move, as they don’t see anything wrong with Internewb Exploder.

4335 posts
+11 more
So wait, it will pop up in already installed systems? This will confuse alot of users, even if it is a good move, as they don’t see anything wrong with Internewb Exploder.

But boy are those users mistaken! I think instead of confusing a lot of people, it will open up their eyes and allow them to see the full potential of modern websites and not be stuck viewing sites through those foggy IE glasses that microsoft force upon the public who don’t know any better.

1148 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

Internet Explorer is like the stock stereo in a new car. 90% of people use it because its already there. People like me go out and get the in-dash DVD /MP3/nav system, but most people don’t want to be bothered with it. But if dealerships had to offer you the choice between the stock system and a Kenwood, Sony, or Alpine, more people would choose an alternative. I think this same effect will happen if Windows users are given a choice.

206 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says

“Sorry for being so behind the times with all our previous and current browsers. We recognize that giving web developers the finger over the past decade really may not be in our best interest. So we decided to offer a new browser. In just a few years get ready for IE9 . We may even call it Bing-Browser to distance ourselves from poor attempts in the past.

We are proud to announce that it will support most, well more than before, web standards that are supported by many other browsers today. We’ll even try to support some of the more popular ones like text shadow, rounded corners etc…. Yes we know things might change from now till then, so we’ll try to incorporate some proprietary code that will be unique to our browsers, thus making our own “kind” of standards. Your gonna love it, promise.

This one will be the best ever… and this time we mean it!”

Sincerely

Microsoft :)

177 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
conceptcoding says
But boy are those users mistaken! I think instead of confusing a lot of people, it will open up their eyes and allow them to see the full potential of modern websites and not be stuck viewing sites through those foggy IE glasses that microsoft force upon the public who don’t know any better.

While they are mistaken, do the foggy websites seem foggy to them?

No, because they don’t know any better. The users who use IE either: 1) Have it forced on them, or 2) Don’t know why you would want to switch. (I can’t think of anyone who wants to use IE ;))

I installed Firefox on my Grandad’s PC a while ago so he could watch ITV Player a while back. He didn’t like it because it wasn’t an interface he was familiar with. I got a similar response when I put Safari on my parents computers. It took me a long time to explain to both of them what/why different web browsers were available. For most users, why should they want to change away from the comforting “always working” IE.

I’m also interested how the ballot screen will work in an enterprise environment.

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ViktorEdholm says

Okay so that’s good I guess. IE is STARTING to improve. I mean, they are like five browserversions ahead of everyone else. Why are they STARTING this late?

Would they just kill the whole IE browser please? I’m sorry if I’m negative but I’m a microsoft hater!

by
by
by
by
by
by