DomGattoGraphics Recent Posts Threads Started
9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
DomGattoGraphics says

After many years of web standards neglection, I am still going to use firefox over IE

382 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blabus says
While they are mistaken, do the foggy websites seem foggy to them?

No, because they don’t know any better. The users who use IE either: 1) Have it forced on them, or 2) Don’t know why you would want to switch. (I can’t think of anyone who wants to use IE ;))

Exactly. We developers are as much a part of the problem (and perhaps even more) as the unaware users. We code around Internet Explorer so that sites look and function close enough to other browsers while simultaneously refrain from taking advantage of new web technologies (CSS3), and then wonder why John Doe isn’t cursing at IE and downloading Firefox. We’re the ones who are taking an unacceptable browser and making it acceptable to the average user.

1173 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says
While they are mistaken, do the foggy websites seem foggy to them?

No, because they don’t know any better. The users who use IE either: 1) Have it forced on them, or 2) Don’t know why you would want to switch. (I can’t think of anyone who wants to use IE ;))

Exactly. We developers are as much a part of the problem (and perhaps even more) as the unaware users. We code around Internet Explorer so that sites look and function close enough to other browsers while simultaneously refrain from taking advantage of new web technologies (CSS3), and then wonder why John Doe isn’t cursing at IE and downloading Firefox. We’re the ones who are taking an unacceptable browser and making it acceptable to the average user.

This is true, in a utopian world. But the same users who are clueless are also typically at the top of the hierarchy tree in companies telling us to ‘make it work in IE’. You are right though, we do actually have the power to influence change and we should be evangelising this at every opportunity.

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
eirehotspur says

Great news but I agree with a lot of comments…...the ordinary Joe soap won’t upgrade until they have a problem and it is pointed out to them by a techie relative who at the end of a 5 hour explanation get very tired of them and tell them their PC will disintegrate if they don’t upgrade to IE9 .

It holds back everything when this happens.

I think people should get 1 month to upgrade and then just leave the old version behind.

They are phasing out TV that way…..Digital TV from 2012.

I mean it isn’t as if people have to pay to change.

by
by
by
by
by
by