3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

I use and will use windows every day for now until it does not exist any more. With Apple products i have a problem. They are made with big profit in mind. Wait for a minute: I have a desktop PC that is 5 years old and i have windows 7 running on it like crazy fast. And i had an iphone 3g.

That is old too, but not that old. At the beginning with ios 3.14 it was fast and nice to work with. They made me update the software so i can download apps, and now that phone is a piece of crap, it takes forever to do anything.

The lag is fantastic. So i wonder, is Apple the same with all their products? After they lived the 1year life time, the updates will make it useless? I will never ever waste money on a product that it might just not perform on the long run.

Good job on windows 8. It loads everything like crazy fast, even on slow PCs. Gotta love what they did with the core.

741 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

That is old too, but not that old. At the beginning with ios 3.14 it was fast and nice to work with. They made me update the software so i can download apps, and now that phone is a piece of crap, it takes forever to do anything. The lag is fantastic. So i wonder, is Apple the same with all their products? After they lived the 1year life time, the updates will make it useless? I will never ever waste money on a product that it might just not perform on the long run.

ohh, mate, you haven’t used older android :D

1435 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

I use and will use windows every day for now until it does not exist any more. With Apple products i have a problem. They are made with big profit in mind. Wait for a minute: I have a desktop PC that is 5 years old and i have windows 7 running on it like crazy fast. And i had an iphone 3g.

That is old too, but not that old. At the beginning with ios 3.14 it was fast and nice to work with. They made me update the software so i can download apps, and now that phone is a piece of crap, it takes forever to do anything.

The lag is fantastic. So i wonder, is Apple the same with all their products? After they lived the 1year life time, the updates will make it useless? I will never ever waste money on a product that it might just not perform on the long run.

Good job on windows 8. It loads everything like crazy fast, even on slow PCs. Gotta love what they did with the core.
I feel you, I am using my old iPhone 3gs.. take 5 seconds to open the message and 3 seconds to load up the keyboard…
1048 posts
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
survivor says

I feel you, I am using my old iPhone 3gs.. take 5 seconds to open the message and 3 seconds to load up the keyboard…

Same here, can’t agree more. I’m not the one who allways buy or even preorder new products at the time they arrive in world market and I was really happy with my iPhone 3gs, but with new ios it is like running Photoshop CS6 on Pentium I.

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jwmcpeak says

This is the tablet I’ve been waiting for. My only complaint is that it took MS three years to get to this point.

And for the record… Android (and Apple of course) is going to continue crushing it on the merit of their apps marketplace alone – M$ is seriously trailing in that category (hell, it’s the only reason I don’t own a Nokia 900)... and it’s going to take some serious firepower for them to catch up. If that happens in the next couple years, both Apple and Android will have something to sweat over.

M$? Really?

I disagree with your statement on apps:

1) Apps are such a pointless metric. 98% of the apps in both marketplaces are crap.
    2) Win8 tablets running on a non-ARM processor are full-fledged installations of Windows—meaning any Windows app can run on it.
    3) It’s Windows. Developers will develop for it. There will be parity for the apps that matter, and then some.
607 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

I have high hopes for this, provided they price this right. I have the new iPad and can’t help but feel stunted sometimes. Color me old fashioned but I still like control over my stuff.

607 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

M$? Really?

I’m obligated to link to this every time someone says M$. Sorry, Brandon!

1) Apps are such a pointless metric. 98% of the apps in both marketplaces are crap.

I can’t stress this enough. As someone who trolls through the Google Play Store [GNexus] or the AppStorm [iPad 3], the ridiculous amount of sheer, for the lack of a better word, turds in the stores is mindboggling.

Number of apps is indeed a pointless metric. I may miss not having Paper or Procreate but I’m certainly not going to miss the endless number of drawing apps. Or the horrid, horrid games.

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Surface = iPad ripoff. Nuff’ said. — Even the Smart Cover concept (?) :O I’m shocked.

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

Surface = iPad ripoff. Nuff’ said. — Even the Smart Cover concept (?) :O I’m shocked.

If it were Apple then everybody would say wow they have made very innovative product.

I think Surface has a lot of unique and innovative features like built-in stand, keyboard on the cover.

2195 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Yeah + if I wanted a physical keyboard from such device I would buy a macbook air or some netbook :) And sorry but windows 8 doesn’t look good, there is a reason why most companies make a mobile OS and a desktop OS.

If something is suppose to be good at everything it turns out its good for nothing :)

P.S The presentation video is great but I still think even if the device is great they will loose the battle with lack of apps or App Store in general :)

by
by
by
by
by
by