1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
paisleywhale says

Right, dealing with this error message has not been pretty but I have worked it out:

I selected the post it theme.

‘The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.’

It is very simple – but only when you know how.

So you when you download the file, you get a folder on your computer called themeforest-55417-post-it.

You have to go into that folder and find the next folder down which will be the folder with the name of the theme, e.g. ‘post-it’.

You right click the folder ‘post_it’. Then press ‘compress to zip’.

Then go into wordpress and select that zip folder and upload to install.

I hope this helps others as the last two hours for me have been quite painful!

J :-)

3 posts
crystaldeluxe says

Right, dealing with this error message has not been pretty but I have worked it out:

I selected the post it theme.

‘The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.’

It is very simple – but only when you know how.

So you when you download the file, you get a folder on your computer called themeforest-55417-post-it. (where do you find the post it???? ) i have 3 files : documentation, psd and www. and in each file there is many other files…. i’m lost!!!

You have to go into that folder and find the next folder down which will be the folder with the name of the theme, e.g. ‘post-it’.(where do you find the post it???? ) i have 3 files : documentation, psd and www. and in each file there is many other files…. i’m lost!!!

You right click the folder ‘post_it’. Then press ‘compress to zip’.

Then go into wordpress and select that zip folder and upload to install.

I hope this helps others as the last two hours for me have been quite painful!

J :-)
3 posts
crystaldeluxe says

i’M REALLY lost , i bought celebrete magneto theme that i’ve bought. When i want to install it on wordpress, it keeps giving me this message: The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Do you have a step by step (folder by folder) how to do it. Because i read your comments and nothing helped me. I looked into my folders and i found a folder named css and inside there was a file named style i-e

3221 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

i’M REALLY lost , i bought celebrete magneto theme that i’ve bought. When i want to install it on wordpress, it keeps giving me this message: The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. Do you have a step by step (folder by folder) how to do it. Because i read your comments and nothing helped me. I looked into my folders and i found a folder named css and inside there was a file named style i-e

Hello,

The theme you purchased isn’t for WordPress it’s for magento(another CMS ) so you cannot install it with WordPress

2 posts
weddingchat says

Just bought Instant Q&A…dowloaded and now says “package cannot open” missing style.css style sheet. What does this mean?

1 post
johnmitz says

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

I just bought clothing store themes but i couldn’t upload it into wordpress i tried everything but still i’m getting error.

Anyone can help me out here!? Thanks

905 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Marvidude says

I believe you are uploading the whole file you got from tf. you need to unzip it and then upload the zip file within the package. you see, the first archive contains all the files, like the documentation, some psd files and the zipped wp theme. If you still cant get it to work refer to the documentation or if you would like someone to do it via remote session i am available. You can contact me as well as take a look at my testimonials /feedback on my profile page http://themeforest.net/user/Marvidude .

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Turkey
spermonster says

Hi,

I’m having such a problem. Help!.

Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description Improvement The parent theme is missing. Please install the “genesis” parent theme.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
affiliateduck says

I am so happy someone posted something about how to install the theme. I too was confused about the missing css files. Thanks

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
nelrod0828 says

I believe you are uploading the whole file you got from tf. you need to unzip it and then upload the zip file within the package. you see, the first archive contains all the files, like the documentation, some psd files and the zipped wp theme. If you still cant get it to work refer to the documentation or if you would like someone to do it via remote session i am available. You can contact me as well as take a look at my testimonials /feedback on my profile page http://themeforest.net/user/Marvidude .
by
by
by
by
by
by