328 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says

Hey everyone. Dunno if some of you know, but Soundsonline announced today that Ministry or Rock 2 will be available on the 11th.

I have the first one and it’s a pretty powerful virtual instrument. It does take a bit of getting used to, but the quality of sounds is amazing. Keep in mind, the library does take up quite a bit of space (57GB), but it’s a nice library to have, especially to those of us who don’t play guitar, bass or drums. (I’m a drummer, have been for over 15 years).

Anyways, just giving you guys a heads up on it. They have the product page up now with a few demos. Also, current registered users of MoR 1 will also save 100 dollars if they pre-order. Sweet deal if you ask me. The deal only lasts for one week.

http://www.soundsonline.com/Ministry-of-Rock-2/

Regards,

Derek Palmer

1180 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

I have Ministry of Rock 1 and it’s good but you can really tell that it’s a sampled guitar when it is put next to a real guitarist. (As opposed to the pianos which are EXTREMELY convincing).

That said, the MOR 2 demos are pretty impressive. In addition, of all the guitar libraries out there, and there are a lot, this is the one that generally sounds the best. The Telecaster patch from MOR1 is particularly impressive.

If you don’t know a guitarist or aren’t one yourself, then MOR is a good buy, but this is one of those instruments that I don’t think can ever be replicated convincingly by a sample library, much like solo strings. The tech just isn’t quite there yet because it’s such a ‘feel’ instrument that can be played in so many different ways by so many different people (as opposed to ensemble sample libraries which have a distinct sound….)

Also worth checking out is The Dark Side also by Eastwest… aMAAAAZING sample library….

328 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Indeed it is. But like I said, I don’t play guitar, so this works for me haha. Dark Side also sounds amazing, but…I’m saving up for some Tonehammer awesomeness :)

688 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+5 more
robGD Volunteer moderator says

I gave up on that stuff and picked the guitar back up. It’s so much more fun than trying to fake it on the keys. I do like the other heavy sounding stuff. I have the Fab Four from them and I just can’t seem to use it. Not sure why??

328 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

I never bothered with getting Fab Four. If I’m gonna do some rock stuff, it’s gonna be a bit heavier than what FF can offer me. That’s why I picked up the first MoR. Sure you can spot it being sampled a mile a way sometimes, but like I said, I’m a drummer, not a guitar player. Plus I don’t have room nor money for all the equipment needed to record it properly. So something like this helps me out. Not sure if I want to pre-order this one or not yet. Guess I have a few days to decide :P

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
ThomasVoMusic says

MOR2 … mmm… too bad I just invested in the pre-order of Liberis haha.

But yeah, it sounds great, I’ll probably add it to my collections in the future or something.

688 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+5 more
robGD Volunteer moderator says

They do nice work over there. I really like Gypsy. What a nice fiddle.

328 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

Yeah they do some amazing work with some of their stuff. I was tempted to buy Gypsy and Silk for their Buy One Get One sale, but alas..I only have so much money haha. I was also going to pre-order Liberis, but again, I can’t just shuck out 400 dollars randomly. I’m not rich you know :P

61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
ryanalvarado says

I want. I want all. All of East West.

Even though I play guitar, I like the creative possibilities Ministry of Rock provides. Synthetic guitars can sound awesome.

328 posts
+7 more
palmtreep says

This is true. Thing is, with something like this, it’s super easy to test it out on different genres. For example, I’ve barely scratched the surface of using guitar elements in my trailer scores, but I just used a guitar from the first MoR on a new Trance single. And it sounds amazing. I’m still on the fence on getting this just yet. I have just about everything from them besides Silk and Gypsy and Fab Four.

by
by
by
by
by
by