(Locked) Minor Changes to Marketplace Membership Terms and Conditions - Please Read

25 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Germany
alexbeck says

7 – We have included our long standing policy that states that sellers can’t buy their own products in section (14).
- Does PhotoDune allow us to download our own product for free? Let’s suppose I have lost a high-resolution file into my HD and I want to take it back by downloading from PhotoDune. If I can’t buy my own product, can I have it back for free in such case?
You can download all your items by going to your portfolio page on the marketplace where you have the item you want to download. But I see that the download link on photodune portfolio doesn’t give you the high resolution file but the “Large” version only

As I already said I had exactly that problem yesterday as I was with a client, I was searching this download button as I could remember I already downloaded one of my graphicriver files some time ago, but I absolutely couldn’t find it. Now that you again told me about that button I searched again and really found it after some time. But it’t quite good hidden, first of all you have to switch your portfolio view to list mode. If you don’t know that the button exist you might not find it. But in my case, as you also said, the download button wouldn’t have solved my problem, as I needed the full resolution file, not the very much smaller “Large” Version I can get by the download button: I was with my client to talk about a current project as she suddenly mentioned an idea she has for an upcoming project. I wanted to show her my 170 megapixel panorama shot as an example (even it my original file is even bigger, but JPG files are limited to 30,000 pixels…), but of course I didn’t have this file with me, but I have it here, on photodune… I couldn’t download it wirh full resolution (even if I found the download button I could only get the “large” file format, which is much to small compared with a 170 megapixel file… If my client wouldn’t have asked for a meeting on friday to discuss the new project separately the only possibility in that case would have been to buy my own file…

Maybe this issue should be solved so that there’s no more necessity to buy your own files on photodune if you should need one of your files in full resolution again…

And maybe the possibility to buy the own products should be wiped out completely by replacing the “buy” button on the product page when somebody is viewing his own product through a download button, where it is much more easy to find as it is now.

23 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
3Dpogo says

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
EffectiveLab says

1 post
  • Colombia
introcrea says

Thanks, all information has been completed :)

3 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
JCMark says

Thanks =)

1 post
  • Italy
atware says

Thanks for this info :)

897 posts Community Officer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for all your feedback and questions. We’ll get on to answering them right away. Also thanks @ibby for looking after this thread whilst it was night time in Melbourne. :)

If you have specific questions that relate to your own products or purchases, please send your queries through to support and our team will do their best to help you.

• Australia
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

Okay – Lots of questions to answer!

@threechords – we’ve emailed you with the answers and hope that’s all clear. Thanks @doru for being so helpful in regards to general questions. :)

@lucato and @alexbeck it is possible to download your own items without having to buy them (described in detail earlier in this thread). We also want you to encourage you to have saved copies of all your work on your own hard-drives to avoid any issues.

@megatpl : Your question is pretty specific and not really related to the changes discussed in this thread, these questions would be best answered by support. Please but in a ticket with all this information and we’ll do our best to help you. :)

@SandraD: Thank you for your feedback, it’s always important to know how our policies impact buyers. We do email users when their credits are about to expire, so it might be worth checking spam filters and that your email details are correct. None of the changes discussed in this thread relate to this particular policy, but if you would like more details or to provide more feedback, please contact support.

More answers to come – thanks for your patience everyone. :)

3 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
burakbirer says

Well you do not help when we cannot acces to paid items. I am not happy with this and still want my deposit back as the author did not publish the files for 5 months. But i paid for no file.

• Australia
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

Hi burakbirer,

If you would like a refund for a particular item, please contact support with the details. Thanks for your feedback.

by
by
by
by
by
by