(Locked) Minor Changes to Marketplace Membership Terms and Conditions - Please Read

192 posts Test Subject at Envato Science
    Member of the Envato Team Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Attended one of our Meetups around the world Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Ibby Envato team says

Hi doru,

You’re right on both counts, this isn’t new and it does refer to third party elements.

We’ll take your feedback on board for the next time we make changes to the terms!

Thanks so much!

I have a question:

on point 15. Selling Products (I’m not sure if this is new but since we are on the subject of the membership agreement)

under “As a Seller, you must” there is:

“ensure all copies of your Products bear a notice of ownership of the intellectual property rights in your Products;”

what is this? Isn’t the item under the marketplace license terms? Did I need to include my own license ( intellectual property rights )?

is this referring to third party elements used in the item, elements that need to be proper licensed?

I’m thinking is the second variant but I can’t be sure. If this is the case maybe the paragraph should be written more clear.
92 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Morocco Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
LAKRID says

Thanks for the info Carmen :grin:

6 posts
    Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
InfinityWorks says

Thanks for the info…:-)

4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 500+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Located in Bulgaria
+1 more
UglyduckBG says

Thanks for this information! :)

2 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
coralthemes says

Thanks for the info.

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Jamaica
efesuperstar says

Interesting and useful information! Thanks.

17 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Ramone1234 says

Thanks ;)

32 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
threecords says

I have recently post a reply and ask questions but hvnt yet got relevant answer… Can envato staff answer me ????

These changes are helpful…. I have few questions:

1. I am running a Software House and plan to upload my products here. I want to clarify when i upload the products? How can Envato protects my products from piracy and stolen and posted for free on hacked and pirated sites?

2. What are the withdrawing procedure from account ledger? I am from Pakistan and have bank account there so Envato will transfer my funds to my bank account? what are the details?

3. If some other author copied my product design, how u will take action?

4. If someone want to pledge my design? How should i inform Envato for pledging?

5. On sale is there any VAT and GST deductions?

6. As products are sole mine and what will envato do? either i have to purchase liscence to get possesion of my products as copyrights OR whatever envato will instruct?

Thanks

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Puk says

Thanks

7290 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I have recently post a reply and ask questions but hvnt yet got relevant answer… Can envato staff answer me ????

These changes are helpful…. I have few questions:

1. I am running a Software House and plan to upload my products here. I want to clarify when i upload the products? How can Envato protects my products from piracy and stolen and posted for free on hacked and pirated sites?

2. What are the withdrawing procedure from account ledger? I am from Pakistan and have bank account there so Envato will transfer my funds to my bank account? what are the details?

3. If some other author copied my product design, how u will take action?

4. If someone want to pledge my design? How should i inform Envato for pledging?

5. On sale is there any VAT and GST deductions?

6. As products are sole mine and what will envato do? either i have to purchase liscence to get possesion of my products as copyrights OR whatever envato will instruct?

Thanks

you can find answers to all these questions in the author/envato legal agreement (the one this thread is about) also on the support center knowledge database http://support.envato.com/ and on the various pages you can get on by using the Make Money, Affiliates and Help links at the top of the webpage.

Specifically about Pakistan you need to check if one of the payment methods envato offers, is available in your country. You can find the list of payment methods here:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/118
by
by
by
by
by
by