(Locked) Minor Changes to Marketplace Membership Terms and Conditions - Please Read

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

We’ve made some minor changes to our membership terms and conditions that we want you to know about. Our terms were written when Envato first started, which is why it was time to give them a spring clean. They needed some love and attention so that they continue to reflect how the Marketplaces work. The changes aren’t big and we’ve included all the adjustments you need to know about below. However, if you like, we encourage you to read over the terms yourself, just to refresh how they relate to you.

Changes we’ve made:

• 1 – We have made the language a bit clearer in parts, for example when we talk about paying out money to sellers (authors) in clause 13, we’ve made it more clear what happens to sums under $50, over $50 and over $500.

2 – We have tweaked a few references to bring the descriptions in the terms closer to what really happens on the site. For example, previously we talked about an “application” to become a member, that’s been changed to “signing up” and “creating an account”. We have removed the reference to passing a test as a requirement of becoming a seller on the marketplaces. We have confirmed that fair play applies in regard to referrals.

3 – We have clarified what you need to send to us when you want to make a claim about unauthorised use of a trademark.

4 – We have rewritten section (13) about what happens when you make a payment into your membership ledger so that you can buy products. We have also given a more detailed explanation about what happens when Envato makes payments into your membership ledger and how we pay your earnings to you. These changes were made so that section (13) is easier to understand and does not change the existing process.

5 – We have added some more guidance about refunds that addresses common questions and situations.

6 – We have added a new section (15A) which is about making special arrangements for sellers.

7 – We have included our long standing policy that states that sellers can’t buy their own products in section (14).

If there is anything that you would like clarification on, or find confusing, please ask your questions in this thread. We will make sure we get the right person to answer you. :)

*Your membership ledger records payments by you to Envato (as a Buyer) and payments made by Envato to you (as a Seller or in accordance with clause (18). For more clarification on this term check out section (12).

47 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
inspirasign says

so far I understand and really helped me as a Author to work on envato. :)

Happy Design

47 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
KarimmovE says

:)

82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
designmonstr says

Thanks for this info :)

436 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
studio_21 says

For me it was pretty straightforward from the beginning.

1554 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+8 more
dorde says
Thank you.
You authorise Envato to submit a DMCA notice to others on your behalf regarding unauthorised use or copies of your Products made elsewhere (without obligation and at Envato’s sole discretion).

I just want to know if this is only for stolen works on envato’s marketplaces, when one author upload an item from other author, or envato will send dmca notice to other sites (file hosting and warez sites) where people are sharing our items for free (or for sale)?
And why “without obligation and at Envato’s sole discretion”? If envato don’t want to do that, will be fair to inform author if they don’t want to send dmca notice.
Authors can send dmca notices that’s true, and it works sometimes, but what if my item is in pack of 20 items? And what if warez sites are sharing whole bundle in one file? I’m afraid that in that case only envato can do something and to protect authors.
Sorry if I’m wrong. Just thinking out loud.
2 posts Bdayh Premium WordPress Themes
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
Bdayh says

Thank’s :)

626 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
femo says

Thanks for this info :) It’s Very Useful

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Located in Australia
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi Dorde, Thanks for your question. I’ll make sure our team get back to you asap about the specifics as this situation can be complicated. :) Thanks!

6 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Thailand
studio915 says

Thanks for this info :)

by
by
by
by
by