(Locked) Minor Changes to Marketplace Membership Terms and Conditions - Please Read

2 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Alley-Cat says

Really useful post, thank you Carmen

119 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
graphart1 says

Thank you

41 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Italy
Marcozannone says

Read it, thanks! :)

10 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ideaofart says

Thanks for this useful info :)

193 posts Test Subject at Envato Science
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Ibby Envato team says

Hi dorde, I hope you are doing okay.

We know piracy is a big issue and we’ve talked about it in the following notes post:

http://notes.envato.com/authors/how-you-can-protect-your-copyright/

We needed to make a change in the marketplace terms to make sure we’ve got permission us to lodge DMCA notices on behalf of others, although usually it will be the copyright owners themselves who do that.

It doesn’t matter if your item is in a pack of 20, you can still send a DMCA notice. Also – if you see people using your work on our marketplaces have a look at our content policy http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/284/64/envato-content-policy and follow the steps, so we can investigate or take down infringing items.

I hope this information helps dorde, just let us know if you have more questions.

Thank you.
You authorise Envato to submit a DMCA notice to others on your behalf regarding unauthorised use or copies of your Products made elsewhere (without obligation and at Envato’s sole discretion).

I just want to know if this is only for stolen works on envato’s marketplaces, when one author upload an item from other author, or envato will send dmca notice to other sites (file hosting and warez sites) where people are sharing our items for free (or for sale)?
And why “without obligation and at Envato’s sole discretion”? If envato don’t want to do that, will be fair to inform author if they don’t want to send dmca notice.
Authors can send dmca notices that’s true, and it works sometimes, but what if my item is in pack of 20 items? And what if warez sites are sharing whole bundle in one file? I’m afraid that in that case only envato can do something and to protect authors.
Sorry if I’m wrong. Just thinking out loud.
1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
oloteddy says

OK Good

+6 more
Ibby Envato team says

Hi, you can find the full version by visiting the link below:

http://themeforest.net/legal/membership

Tell me, please, where you can find the full version of this document?
+6 more
Ibby Envato team says

Hi candeed, thanks for raising this point.

Actually we do have a specific department/division for this where we work really hard reporting illegal content and frauds, it’s hard to control every single illegal link on internet but we do our best to keep your work safe and we are always thinking on how to get better results for this.

Having a specific forum for this is a great idea, I’ll make sure to let our staff know about this.

However, remember that DMCA process can help authors protect their rights, have a read to the response I have sent to dorde before.

Thanks so much for your questions and feedback.

Thank you.
You authorise Envato to submit a DMCA notice to others on your behalf regarding unauthorised use or copies of your Products made elsewhere (without obligation and at Envato’s sole discretion).

I just want to know if this is only for stolen works on envato’s marketplaces, when one author upload an item from other author, or envato will send dmca notice to other sites (file hosting and warez sites) where people are sharing our items for free (or for sale)?
And why “without obligation and at Envato’s sole discretion”? If envato don’t want to do that, will be fair to inform author if they don’t want to send dmca notice.
Authors can send dmca notices that’s true, and it works sometimes, but what if my item is in pack of 20 items? And what if warez sites are sharing whole bundle in one file? I’m afraid that in that case only envato can do something and to protect authors.

+1 .. Very interesting.

By the way, I think fight againts piracy is very challenging, and Envato as a big marketplace should have a division / a department with separated closed forum that deals with DMCA issues. Some exclusive authors who have that security sherrif badge can be asked to get involved.

Authors need protection. And most of them are just a creative people who are not familiar with legal matters.
+6 more
Ibby Envato team says

Thanks for adding to the conversation doru.

That’s right, the person who owns the copyright can file a DMCA notice whether or not their item is bundled with others, see our knowledgebase article:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/206/64/what-do-i-do-if-i-find-my-file-being-distributed-illegally

Thanks for your question doru.

It change nothing if your item is packed with other items. You ask for your item to be removed, to not be available, since you didn’t authorize the distribution on that website, and if other eventual 200 legal assets needs to be taken down is not your problem.
+6 more
Ibby Envato team says

Hi threecords, I hope you are great.

We weren’t sure what you meant when you says that you “want to clarify when you upload the products? and also what you meant about someone pledging your design’ can you explain those questions to us again so we can help out?

With your question about piracy please have a look at this notes post http://notes.envato.com/authors/how-you-can-protect-your-copyright/

With your question about author’s copying design have a look at our content policy http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/284/64/envato-content-policy

For withdrawals, please see this information: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/118

Thanks for your questions!

These changes are helpful…. I have few questions:

1. I am running a Software House and plan to upload my products here. I want to clarify when i upload the products? How can Envato protects my products from piracy and stolen and posted for free on hacked and pirated sites? 2. What are the withdrawing procedure from account ledger? I am from Pakistan and have bank account there so Envato will transfer my funds to my bank account? what are the details? 3. If some other author copied my product design, how u will take action? 4. If someone want to pledge my design? How should i inform Envato for pledging? 5. On sale is there any VAT and GST deductions?

Thanks
by
by
by
by
by
by