738 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
Jar says

I’ve noticed a lot of themes and their respective demo pages utilize premium content that is not licensed for the buyers of said themes. To me, this seems misleading to the buyer, because if it is noted somewhere, and it sometimes isn’t at all, it’s either buried deep in the list of features, or in the documentation which you don’t gain access to until you’ve already purchased the theme.

Currently it doesn’t seem fair to buyers, and to prevent bad experiences might be a good idea to add an extra sieve to the review process to ensure it is properly labeled in the least.

3185 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Out of interest are you referring to images and that form of content or actual coded features of the theme?

738 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
Jar says

Out of interest are you referring to images and that form of content or actual coded features of the theme?

Not images, but things such as plugins, sliders – content features specifically. I think it’s fair for buyers to assume the images/photos might not be included – but when it is a content feature that specifically supplies a feature, it’s unfair.

3185 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Ok – that’s v reasonable. I have not seen many with actual functionality that is not included. Must not be looking hard enough

738 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
Jar says

Ok – that’s v reasonable. I have not seen many with actual functionality that is not included. Must not be looking hard enough

To be fair, I exaggerated a little when I said a lot. I have noticed a few myself, and I don’t really keep up with submissions, so I imagine there are more… Either way, this definitely seems like a zero tolerance thing.

4268 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

Not images, but things such as plugins, sliders – content features specifically. I think it’s fair for buyers to assume the images/photos might not be included – but when it is a content feature that specifically supplies a feature, it’s unfair.

Hey Jar, could you please help us identify these items? Please submit the links to Envato Support.

by
by
by
by
by
by