• Exclusive Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
Giallo says

A solution could be to place a small info text in the author’s profile wich says last time he logged in, so you know if he’s not active anymore

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ Not sure everyone understands the side effects; we are selling our products – not ourselves. So it is more meaningful to show the update status of item (already implemented) instead of displaying author’s activities. Showing author’s activity is equal to agreeing author’s availability to take tasks. :)

Also this topic is more of a concern only in TF & CC. For GraphicRiver and VideoHive kind of marketplaces, the upload date itself is sufficient for buyers.

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Is there any way to report a product that has been abandoned?

If an item is buggy and the author is not willing to fix it, Envato encourages to report such item (contact through support). Those kind of items will be either temporarily or permanently removed from marketplaces. I think those are the only kind of products that deserves to be called abandoned.

266 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
Endat says

Are you saying that some of these great items should be removed simply because the author has not logged in or updated the script in a while? Perhaps the item doesn’t need an update, and they only offer support through email..

I ask because I have had people message me before buying an item, just to see if I would respond.. My initial thought is either “Ok? What does this person REALLY want?” or “This day has been hell, I have no time for this nonsense”.

My conclusion is: if the item has a good reputation for working as it should, and has a good rating, why not take the chance?

266 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
Endat says

maybe there should be an “activity” line in the profile (so that buyers can see if he is active) written like:

“Last Logged in dd/mm/yy” or maybe “Last logged in xx days/months/years ago”

It’s on the author’s profile page.. mine says “Last sign in:04:05 Sep 22nd 2013 (AEST)”.. I guess it’s kinda buggy seeing as how I’m here right now and it’s not Sept. 22nd anymore.
1329 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bangladesh
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
IngeniousArtist says

maybe there should be an “activity” line in the profile (so that buyers can see if he is active) written like: “Last Logged in dd/mm/yy” or maybe “Last logged in xx days/months/years ago”
That’s a bad idea unless they fix the ‘logged in’ system, my current logged in status has said I’ve not logged in, in weeks, simply because I never log out.

Yea i guess you’re right… anyways, we are selling our items with incredibly low prices and we have an option to give support, which is not necessary because we give the help info’s in our files with detailed steps if it gets complicated… i think that’s enough for the buyer to see what’s what :)

435 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Romania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
studio_21 says

Good point here. As others said , it would be nice to have an option on the profile page to show the last activity.

7 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
dnavarrojr says

If questions in comments go unanswered for 6 months to a year, I’d call that abandoned. If emails to the author go unanswered, I’d call that abandoned.

Especially when the author was very active up to a point and then suddenly disappeared.

193 posts Less is more
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
DesignDistrict says

Not sure everyone understands the side effects; we are selling our products – not ourselves. So it is more meaningful to show the update status of item (already implemented) instead of displaying author’s activities.

+1

323 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
familychoice says

^ Not sure everyone understands the side effects; we are selling our products – not ourselves.

That’s not always the case, for example theme sellers often list and promote support as part of their package. By doing this they’re not just selling a single product, they’re also offering a personal service.

Picking one of the latest themes on sale at random the seller also boasts that they will provide purchasers of their theme with general Wordpress help as well as theme support.

For products linked to a service, it would be useful for buyers to know if the author is still active and they will receive the support they have been promised.

by
by
by
by
by
by