11 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
adamlewen says
Hi! I was wondering what to do. As always in the last minute a client chose an audio track, which was available two days ago and now “the page cannot be found”... I contacted support yesterday, and I understand it takes time, but since I am in a rush, i thought asking here won’t hurt. I hope it’s the right place. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Adam. The missing file’s link: http://audiojungle.net/item/inspirational-feel-good-piano/340798
QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1041 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says

Hi adamlewen!

This track has been discussed here in the forums a couple of weeks ago because it sounded obiously very similar to “Adele’s ‘Somenone Like You’”. Maybe the author had to delete the item because of copyright infringement or other reasons. Fact is that this track isn’t available here anymore! Sad but true!

If you are looking for similar tracks please feel free to check out one of these tracks:

A Glorious Day

Source Of Inspiration

or here: Uplifting Motivational Music

Thanks and good luck ;-)

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Art-of-Sound says

it sounded obiously very similar to “Adele’s ‘Somenone Like You’”

No it didn’t. It used the same 4 chords but chords are not copyrightable. Do you know how many songs are based on the same chords? Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2De2cK1mDw

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

AdamLewen this is author of that song, http://audiojungle.net/user/thesecession Try contacting him and see if it’s somehow still available.

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says
11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
adamlewen says

Thanks for the quick replies guys! Indeed a delicate issue, although I am on Art-of-Sound side on this one… Have to say I have heard the tune many many times and didn’t even think about Adele’s hit… O well… I missed it in a day…

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Art-of-Sound says

This is a very basic 4 chords progression that can be heard in many songs but because Adele’s song was hot recently, that Feel-Good-Piano is easy associated with it. But in my opinion 4 chords match is not enough to conclude plagiarism, pastiche, or whatever.

667 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

I’m noticing several tracks that have been removed lately. Hmm…

575 posts
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

This is a very basic 4 chords progression that can be heard in many songs but because Adele’s song was hot recently, that Feel-Good-Piano is easy associated with it. But in my opinion 4 chords match is not enough to conclude plagiarism, pastiche, or whatever.
Art-Of-Sound, it wasn’t the chords that was the problem, I think it was more about the melody of the arpeggios over the chords. Though slightly different obviously AudioJungle felt it was too close. I think TheSecession(Author), claimed he wrote it before he heard it, and if so thats a shame because it was a great seller for him, stayed in the top selling files for a very long time.
429 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
thesecession says

Yes I am extremely disappointed, I have proof with my logic project file that I wrote that song well before Adele’s album was produced and released. Not to mention it is an extremely common progression and arpeggio. I was also assured by an entertainment lawyer that the song was NOT close enough to Adele’s to be sued for infringement either way.

I have contacted support asking if I send them proof that I created my composition before Adele if it can be reinstated. In the mean time please contact me to purchase the song via email info@thesecessionstudios.com

Thank you!

by
by
by
by
by
by