153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
wpminima says

Just wanted to adress the issue alot of buyers seem to have. :p I am thinking how I could prevent these questions, maybe adding it in the description? :)

407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

You are right it is a common problem and it is frustrating however envato cover it in their help and authors all cover installation in their documentation.

there is an expectation of some knowledge of how to use files here if you are buying them however I appreciate not everyone have this.

it has been raised a lot but unfortunately in most cases (not any in specific) the issue is not authors addressing it any further than they already do – the problem is people get over excited and rarely read the documentation or help files before jumping in and failing. This is beyond the control of authors or envato- much though I assure you they do try.

hopefully you now have yours working

5622 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

I’ve been trying to brainstorm some ideas on how we can reduce the confusion. Sadly even the biggest notice will often times go unnoticed :)

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

I’ve bought a domain some time ago for this http://stylesheetismissing.com/ with the idea of creating simple and clean instruction site for buyers, hopefully they could google it or other authors could link to it (no ads or stuff like that), but I coudn’t find time to do it yet, if anybody want to help, send me a message :)

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Message sent purethemes ;D Sounds fun! Anything to help the community!

3862 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Haha we were joking about doing that earlier this week! Its a great idea but again if people do not read and not ignore the links then how do we get them to it? I guess some form of sticky item at the top of the forums maybe?

Give me a shout if you want any other help with it

741 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

I think that so many buyers have this problem because they are expecting the downloaded file to be theme only, ready to upload. We already have to upload two files – theme and entire package with docs etc., so why not offer an option on the downloads page to download theme only or package? By doing this it would be clear that by choosing the latter you have to unzip it first.

EDIT: Also it would be nice to build a system that suggest similar topics when you create a topic on the forum.

153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
wpminima says

Problem is your documentation is inside the main zip file and in my opinion the item details page text doesn’t attract enough attention.

I thunk pogoking’s suggestion is good but there will be alot of confusion as to which is the file they need… Unless you name it themeUploadToWordpress.

Another option would be to have the buyer come to a page right after purchasing it with some starter tips.

Let me know what you guys think :)

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

maybe in download section , let thay 2 link to down . document and install files.

by
by
by
by
by
by