268 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 2
  • Blog Interview
+4 more
harrykirkby
says

Well, I purchased an iMac a few months ago. And the mistake is that I’ve grown apart of the ‘sitting in my room’ side of coding, networking and such, and fancy myself a Macbook Pro. Is there any schemes that offer something decent (not recycle ones that offer 20% of what it’s worth)?

111 posts
  • Author Level 5
  • Trendsetter
  • Australia
  • 3 Years of Membership
+3 more
AGSoft
says

eBay, or some mac forums buy and sell section. Macs typically depreciate value very slowly so you’ll get way more by selling to another person.

3724 posts Community Moderator
  • Affiliate Level 8
  • Author Level 6
  • Bundle Boss
  • Collector Level 4
+9 more
quickandeasy
says

MacBook Pro is the way to go 8)

376 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
+12 more
RightHere
says

I always buy the newest model of MacBook Pro and then i usually sell it around 1.5 year later.

My previous Macbook Pro I paid $2700 (top model) and I sold it 13 months later for $1700. And then I got the MacBook Pro (retina). That works great for me and I feel I get a pretty good price for my “old” equipment as its not really that old.

2605 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Top Monthly Author
  • 6 Years of Membership
+8 more
Graphic-Studio
says

You have CL over there, Right – try that.

20 posts
  • 2 Years of Membership
dotnetbeg89
says

The Macbook Pro is really the best not only for graphic artists, since the display is way better, but also for coders. You can make a lot more iPhone Applications on that sweet piece of technology

3875 posts Community Moderator
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Tuts+ Instructor
  • Netherlands
+10 more
Joost
says

eBay, or some mac forums buy and sell section. Macs typically depreciate value very slowly so you’ll get way more by selling to another person.

Exactly. It’s best to sell directly to another customer rather than selling via some resellling program or second-hand shop. A 2 -3 months old iMac could very well go for 85%-95% of the price, depending how lucky you get. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by