• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says

Okay, if there’s fantasy football, there’s got to be some MMA loving freaks out here like myself.

I just spent an entire weekend at the M-1 global event in Amsterdam and there were some pretty good fights

So, get your butt in the thread and let’s get reaaaaddddyyyyyy to rruuuuummmmmbbbblllleeeeeee.

To get things started, who are your favourite fighters, do you train, what leagues do you watch etc. etc.

I am personally a Fedor fanboy, but that has more to do that his manager and him basically introduced me to MMA . I train Muay Thai and have done very few BJJ classes. Being a Fedor fan I used to watch Pride when that was still around but now it’s mainly UFC and the M-1 events when I am invited.

Of course there are loads of other fighters I like to watch such as Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, GSP , Cro Cop and a few others Osu!

3146 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Canada
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+7 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Lance? Where art thou? :D

Lance can roundhouse a frozen turkey off the top of a fridge with his bare feet! He’s that tough. :D

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

I wouldn’t really say I’m a fan, but I enjoy watching them sometimes. I probably would’ve been more of a fan if it wasn’t for a crazy roommate I had.

This guy (roommate a few years back) got into MMA while I got into bodybuilding. He wanted to wrestle and fight all the time for “practice”. He was crazy and I worried that I might wake up being murdered by him because he was so unpredictable.

Needless to say, I moved out, lol. I hear he is doing pretty well in his local MMA fights though and he has the crazy personality for it. Anyway, had to share that with you. ;-)

I’m more into bodybuilding, lol.

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says

I was like that when I first started, but that’s just the beginning most of the time. Show offs are not respected in the MMA world and it’s only sweet to see them lose.

905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

im not sure if Brock Lesner is going to loose though.man is a monster. and a bad boy.

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Don’t fight myself but I have a bunch of friends that are all trying to work their way up the ranks. I love Anderson Silva…

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says
Don’t fight myself but I have a bunch of friends that are all trying to work their way up the ranks. I love Anderson Silva…

Silva vs Griffith was great. I love the way he moves, like there’s nothing and then just stops Forrest right in his track. Forrest made the mistake of falling into his punches.

2201 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
ArikB says
Lance? Where art thou? :D Lance can roundhouse a frozen turkey off the top of a fridge with his bare feet! He’s that tough. :D

Generally a kick is delivered with the shins or bottom part of the shins. Seriously, if you’ve ever kicked a bag full force with the upper part of your foot, you’ll know WHY we don’t do that in martial arts. I did that on my first ever practice, I was limping half the practice.

2075 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+2 more
LanceSnider says

I am a huge MMA fan. I’d say that GSP is my favorite fighter followed closely by Clay Guida. GSP has been my favorite since I saw him fight Jason Miller. My favorite fight is either the Tyson Griffin vs Clay Guida or the Clay Guida vs Diego Sanchez. That dude always puts on a great show.

I do train and I’ve actually got a fight coming up in under 5 weeks. If anyone here is in the Salt Lake area and wants to come watch me, let me know and I’ll give you the details. I’m definitely better on the ground, but am working hard on my stand-up game. I’d kick more, but I broke my foot on some frozen turkey on top of Adrien’s fridge. :)

Hey, I should come to the Netherlands and we should have a FD vs. GR fight! :D

4247 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

HAHA !! You were joking right? About the frozen turkey? LOL

by