767 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
outandouter says

Done.

Though I was wondering if there was any chance you guys were planning to share the survey results publicly?

3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I really appreciate Envato seeking user feedback rather than just assuming all mobile users use WebKit.

Yeah, this one’s quite important to me as well. I like the effort and attention to detail that this seems to imply :) The mobile browser market is quite diverse and difficult to get right, especially given the countless different screen resolutions.

1100 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+12 more
ranfirefly says

Done.

326 posts Keeping Things Simple
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
cmoreira says

Done. That was fast. I was expecting a much longer survey for some reason :)

50 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
catherinehills says

Done. Though I was wondering if there was any chance you guys were planning to share the survey results publicly?

@outandouter Great idea. We’d be very happy to share the survey results, especially if this generates more discussion around the topic. The more insight the better :). I’ll post links to the current data in the thread shortly

50 posts
catherinehills says

I really appreciate Envato seeking user feedback rather than just assuming all mobile users use WebKit.
Yeah, this one’s quite important to me as well. I like the effort and attention to detail that this seems to imply :) The mobile browser market is quite diverse and difficult to get right, especially given the countless different screen resolutions.

@Joost we aim to please :). We know that broader analytics are great, but direct feedback gives us greater insight into our users’ context.

50 posts
catherinehills says

Done. That was fast. I was expecting a much longer survey for some reason :)

Thanks for completing the survey @cmoreira! We have a lot of questions for our authors and our buyers, this probably won’t be the last survey in the near future as we ramp up our strategy for implementation of improvements to the Marketplaces. In this case a short survey is a good one, why risk survey fatigue :)

50 posts
catherinehills says

We have some current stats on the Mobile Browser Preference survey so far for those of you who are interested! The survey is still open for anyone who hasn’t yet submitted their feedback. So far we have the following results, a total of 98 completed surveys. Thanks everyone who has completed the survey so far, we are looking forward to seeing more results this week! :) The current data is as follows:

Which marketplaces do you sell items from primarily? http://bit.ly/12zhDt2

Currently the greatest number of survey respondents, 34.7%, primarily sell from Themeforest, followed by CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver and VideoHive…

What kind of mobile device(s) do you use to access your marketplace information? http://bit.ly/1dymX1b

We based this list on the top 10 mobile devices accessing the marketplaces, as listed in Google Analytics. iPhone/iPad/iOS devices are currently clearly in front here, but there are a large number of devices that are listed in the ‘Other’ category, with many Nokia and Sony devices being nominated here eg. the Sony Xperia range.

Do you have a preference for any mobile browser(s) when accessing your marketplace information? http://bit.ly/12qDpvz

Again we based this list on the top 10 mobile browsers accessing the marketplaces, as listed in Google Analytics, but fleshed it out a little with the different mobile browser variants, such as Opera mini and Opera mobile. Here you can see that Safari, Chrome for iOS, Chrome for Android and Android are currently clear favourites. There are some Dolphin browsers users out there, check the other feedback!

Stay tuned for more, we’ll publish the final results at the end of the survey.

613 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+3 more
ilovemedia-es says

Late, but done!

by
by
by
by