Hello. I would like to know how I can do to make my site friendly to mobile devices. I need some additional item? Currently my site is too heavy for mobile devices. Or the structure is not adequate.
Is there any solution to make my site to be optimized.?
Willam Mora. Tours Paradise
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Exclusive Author
- Halloween Competition Winner
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
Some solutions would be:
1. Make your website responsive. Add a CSS Media Queries section and make the website layout responsive down to mobile resolutions. Maybe “display:none” to some extra content you don’t want to show on mobiles, making the content smaller.
2. Create a separate mobile website and add only the basic info from your desktop website. With a link to “View the full website” to those user who want to explore the full desktop website.
Well, there a couple of ways you can approach a mobile-friendly website, afaik.
You can go with a mobile-specific theme/website. There will be a completely separate website dedicated to your mobile visitors that can possibly share some codebase with the desktop version. For this, you can purchase a mobile-only theme and set that up. Or, buy a theme that has a mobile version, and replace that with what you already have.
Then, there’s responsive or adaptive design. There will be a single website which will adapt to smaller screen sizes. Again, you can purchase a responsive theme and replace that with your current website.
In order to make your current established website mobile friendly, you’ll either have to have a completely separate mobile website and automatically redirect mobile users every time they visit your website or you can spend some effort in making your current website’s design responsive / adaptive. You can also possibly spend some more effort on it in reducing its footprint to make it even more mobile friendly.
That’s the basics of it, as best as I could explain.
Thanks. For the second option.. 2. Create a separate mobile website and add only the basic info from your desktop website. With a link to “View the full website” to those user who want to explore the full desktop website.??
How I can create a mobile website? or is there any template that I can install on my site and so to make the mobile version.
Thanks KamilWaheed. Are you familiar with any theme that I can install that has the mobile version? Currently I have installed (Themeforest ecobiz-modern-business ). Does this theme one mobile version that does not affect much the current design.?
I have a wordpress desktop site but i want a mobile site if I bought a software like this http://themeforest.net/item/wow-mysite-wordpress-mobile-theme/full_screen_preview/2348577 is it possible for people using a mobile that type in my url it redirects to the mobile version?
Can i have one installation of WordPress and have a desktop and mobile website?
Hello. Actualy it’s very simple. If you have a Wordpress site and you want to have your site mobile ready you just need to buy one of a Wordpress mobile templates here on ThemeForest. Look if author provides information which says that the template can be used alongdice your desktop template. In fact all of my wordpress templates works alongside desktop templates and I also provide useful guide.
If you have a HTML based static website just buy one of a HTML mobile templates, edit it and use redirect script. Place this script between head section of your desktop (main) template. Script says if there’s mobile user – redirect him to the “m.yoursite.com” or “yoursite.com/mobile” etc..
Hope that will help Good luck
Thanks Lukepostulka. You or someone can recommend a Wordpress mobile templates that is easy to configure? Enabling the mobile theme does not deactivate the current theme of my website?
That is the question I have at this time which theme to choose?
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Beta Tester
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Won a Competition
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Referred between 1 and 9 users