659 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
luckykind says

Does it remind you of Comic Sans? :)

It’s the one thing that is bugging me about the site redesign… just wanted to see if it was bugging anyone else…

(steps down from soap box)

1173 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in Australia Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says

I must admit I am having trouble with it. The kerning is terrible in quite a few cases. However, it is commendable that they have taken a chance to do something different.

The graphic river logotype is definitely screaming at me. the ‘cr’ is way too tight.

659 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
luckykind says

I’m all for being different… when it works; However, I don’t think this font fits with the clean cut lines of the site… and it looking too close to Comic Sans is giving me a case of the yucks..

Yeah… the kerning is bad too…

1173 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in Australia Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Motionreactor says
I’m all for being different… when it works; However, I don’t think this font fits with the clean cut lines of the site… and it looking too close to Comic Sans is giving me a case of the yucks.. Yeah… the kerning is bad too…

Maybe we are the only typophiles in here… but yes I agree, it doesn’t quite sit right but I am willing to get used to it.

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in Canada Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Spooken says

Ha,

Nope, not the only typophiles – I made a similar comment here earlier today:

http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/discussion-how-do-you-like-the-redesign/16700

I also noticed the c and r in graphicriver…a case of the yucks is indeed a perfect descriptive. Now, what can we do to get them to change it? :-) Hopefully, enough people voice up here and they maight take notice.

thanks fellas for validating my neurosis. ;-) Spooken

335 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Tamixes says

Whew! good to that I’m no the only one who believes in crafting your typography!

The font itself is badly ‘hinted’ hence the yucky kerning.

4905 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I actually like the font a lot. Very clean and modern. But I do agree the kerning is way off in many instances.

by
by
by
by
by
by