• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

Hey guys, is it allowed to use images containing recognizable human faces in preview for an action without model release?

2213 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
crozer says

As I am not part nor related to the Envatto staff, my word isn’t official. However, I do know that any image containing a clear view of a human’s face – that is depicted in the preview image – needs a model release.

This is obviously due to copyright/personal reasons on behalf of Envato and the individual.

Good luck; and, IMO , it’s better to avoid this matter and use an animal, an object or anything aside from human faces ;)
Chris

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
As I am not part nor related to the Envatto staff, my word isn’t official. However, I do know that any image containing a clear view of a human’s face – that is depicted in the preview image – needs a model release.

This is obviously due to copyright/personal reasons on behalf of Envato and the individual.

Good luck; and, IMO , it’s better to avoid this matter and use an animal, an object or anything aside from human faces ;)
Chris

you change your avatar! cool!

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
Hey guys, is it allowed to use images containing recognizable human faces in preview for an action without model release?

hey kid! if you need photos of people just let me know, Im a photographer and have the model release for some of them…send me a message

2213 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
crozer says

Chris
you change your avatar! cool!

Hey, don’t wanna go off-topic but yeah, I did, and thanks ;)

1605 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+9 more
PatrikL Reviewer says

Check the Wiki for information – Model / Location Releases

That should help you with the necessary information you need. Good luck :)

3085 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Raincutter says
Check the Wiki for information – Model / Location Releases That should help you with the necessary information you need. Good luck :)

Thnx Patrik. I already know about the model release. Just thought if it’s allowed for previews or not. Anyways, looks like it’s not.

hey kid! if you need photos of people just let me know, Im a photographer and have the model release for some of them…send me a message

thnx much Daniel. I’ve changed my mind now. Ain’t gonna create an action, trying out a new brochure design to brush up my skills. And you still owe me one chess game. :D

Good luck; and, IMO , it’s better to avoid this matter and use an animal, an object or anything aside from human faces ;) Chris
Thnx for the reply Chris. I was in doubt so just thought it would be better to ask here in the forums. Though as I said, I’m leaving the plan to create action now.
by
by
by
by
by
by