2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
joebelanger says

Hi all,

I have sent a couple of tickets to the support group with no responses. So maybe someone can help me.

I followed all of the upload guidelines, put my releases in the release directory, then uploaded my images into the photo directory. This stank from the beginning as I asked PD upfront before uploading if this was the right way. My concern? How the heck do I attach model releases to my images? I got a link from them to the very work instructions I already read.

I uploaded about 2000 images. All of the people shots were rejected for no model releases. A bunch of other top sellers not people related were rejected for who knows why, but those are gone somewhere, a place I’ll never know.

Anyway, I went into my soft rejection “HIDDEN” folder and I have around 500 images that need releases mostly. So, there is a way to attach releases, but not anything normal. You cannot upload your JPG releases and simply attach them to the file and you can’t attach more than one release to a file. So, must I create a ZIP file for each individual JPG model release because that is the only way their PD system will accept images. I took the time to do this. I uploaded each model release as a zip because the system wouldn’t allow me to attach a JPG . The system accepted the ZIP file and after I hit submit it said that it is in the queue and will be reviewed. Because I have lost all trust in this system I only attached a few files to images to see if they would “DISAPPEAR” from my HIDDEN folder. As expected they are still there days after I submitted them. Thus, I am so frustrated that I am convinced their system is so chuck full of bugs that I will never get my images in.

Some of the images don’t have any rejection reason so how am I supposed to fix that problem? And the ones I fixed and submitted were in position 107. Shouldn’t they have been inspected by now, 2-3 days later? Right now it’s a complete waste of my time to keep resubmitting because nothing is happening with my images when I do take the effort.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? I can’t get support to help me so maybe you can.

Thanks

Joe

3 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
peresanz says

Hi, Model releases should have been uploaded to the ‘model releases’ folder when using the bulk FTP upload. The process is: You upload a batch of photos in the ‘photos’ folder and the corresponding model releases in the ‘model release’ folder. Then it all comes automatically. Beside this, I also found that after reprocessing the images sent to the HIDDEN folder, they will remain in the inspection queue forever (I have some images there for up to 14 days!). I Also have two support tickets regarding this and other issues but I can’t get support neither.

Pere

2 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
joebelanger says

I am getting to the point where I am going to pull my port. There are enough bugs and poor workflow that I am losing trust in PD. I followed your advice when I originally uploaded.

Thanks for the feedback

379 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
JoshuaSprague Envato team says
joebelanger said
I am getting to the point where I am going to pull my port. There are enough bugs and poor workflow that I am losing trust in PD. I followed your advice when I originally uploaded. Thanks for the feedback

Hello joebelanger! I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing and want to assure you that we are looking into them. I have asked the review manager to take a look as well, and we will get back with you just as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience :)

1 post
CHR1 says

Has this been addressed yet? I have not been able to figure out how to atach releases to photos. I did upload them t the correct folder. Where are they now?

Thank you

6 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+1 more
slovegrove says

I have just joined, and am already thinking this will be more work than it is worth. The web upload is a disaster. One image at a time come on, everyone else offers a better uploading system than that,have been for many years, so how can a newcomer with the opportunity to take all the best ideas and systems from other sites, get it so wrong?

Also tried using the ftp uploader. I’m sure it works but for a non technical person like me I can’t figure out how or where I find those photo and release folders to upload into, I’m using filezilla for many stock sites and this is the only one with such a clumsy uploading system, especially in relation to releases.

Then there is the requirement to process ftp uploads within 24 hours or they are lost, again why, no one else has a need to do this?

Steve

379 posts
+12 more

Has this been addressed yet? I have not been able to figure out how to atach releases to photos. I did upload them t the correct folder. Where are they now? Thank you

Hello CHR1 ! Sorry for the confusion on this one. If you have placed all your MRs in the model_releases folder then they were automatically attached for you, nothing more for you to do.

I have just joined, and am already thinking this will be more work than it is worth. The web upload is a disaster. One image at a time come on, everyone else offers a better uploading system than that,have been for many years, so how can a newcomer with the opportunity to take all the best ideas and systems from other sites, get it so wrong? Also tried using the ftp uploader. I’m sure it works but for a non technical person like me I can’t figure out how or where I find those photo and release folders to upload into, I’m using filezilla for many stock sites and this is the only one with such a clumsy uploading system, especially in relation to releases. Then there is the requirement to process ftp uploads within 24 hours or they are lost, again why, no one else has a need to do this?

Hi Steve, thanks for taking the time to post, I understand your frustration and will do my best to help. At this point, until we upgrade the web upload system, I would only use the FTP option.

Here you will find detailed instructions on how to use our FTP . The thing to remember with MRs is that they are automatically attached to any photos you upload to the /bulk_import/photos/ directory.

Please let me know if you need any more assistance at all :)

6 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+1 more
slovegrove says

Has this been addressed yet? I have not been able to figure out how to atach releases to photos. I did upload them t the correct folder. Where are they now? Thank you

Hello CHR1 ! Sorry for the confusion on this one. If you have placed all your MRs in the model_releases folder then they were automatically attached for you, nothing more for you to do.

I have just joined, and am already thinking this will be more work than it is worth. The web upload is a disaster. One image at a time come on, everyone else offers a better uploading system than that,have been for many years, so how can a newcomer with the opportunity to take all the best ideas and systems from other sites, get it so wrong? Also tried using the ftp uploader. I’m sure it works but for a non technical person like me I can’t figure out how or where I find those photo and release folders to upload into, I’m using filezilla for many stock sites and this is the only one with such a clumsy uploading system, especially in relation to releases. Then there is the requirement to process ftp uploads within 24 hours or they are lost, again why, no one else has a need to do this?

Hi Steve, thanks for taking the time to post, I understand your frustration and will do my best to help. At this point, until we upgrade the web upload system, I would only use the FTP option.

Here you will find detailed instructions on how to use our FTP . The thing to remember with MRs is that they are automatically attached to any photos you upload to the /bulk_import/photos/ directory.

Thanks for the response, however my point was that the FTP instructions are not in fact detailed, I already indicated that I could not figure out how to find or create the folders you require. For every other stock site I submit to with FTP I simply drag the images into the FTP window and hit transfer. Can you please explain how I get the photos into the right folder and then the releases into the right folder? I FTP ’d 31 images yesterday, but they have clearly not made it to where they need to be, they are not appearing anywhere?

And I would just say again why on earth would you try to re-invent the wheel when there are so many good and successful examples of image uploading sytems already out there? Steve

379 posts
+12 more

Thanks for the response, however my point was that the FTP instructions are not in fact detailed, I already indicated that I could not figure out how to find or create the folders you require. For every other stock site I submit to with FTP I simply drag the images into the FTP window and hit transfer. Can you please explain how I get the photos into the right folder and then the releases into the right folder? I FTP ’d 31 images yesterday, but they have clearly not made it to where they need to be, they are not appearing anywhere?

And I would just say again why on earth would you try to re-invent the wheel when there are so many good and successful examples of image uploading sytems already out there? Steve

Hello slovegrove! Sorry for the delayed reply. If you are still having a hard time with the FTP process, please let me know.

6 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in France
tristanbm says

Hello. Same problem, it’s a big mess to upload MR… I zip my MR (pdf), I upload it in /bulk_import/photo/model_releases, then I send my pics in /bulk_import/photo. When I want to check them I always have this error message : “Release Forms must be a zip containing a ’.pdf’, ’.jpg’ or ’.png’, got a zip containing ’.zip’”..... So, I check my zip, it’s ok, I’ve got a zip containing a pdf…

How can I resolve this problem ?

by
by
by
by
by
by