• Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+5 more
JoshuaSprague Staff says

Hello. Same problem, it’s a big mess to upload MR… I zip my MR (pdf), I upload it in /bulk_import/photo/model_releases, then I send my pics in /bulk_import/photo. When I want to check them I always have this error message : “Release Forms must be a zip containing a ’.pdf’, ’.jpg’ or ’.png’, got a zip containing ’.zip’”..... So, I check my zip, it’s ok, I’ve got a zip containing a pdf… How can I resolve this problem ?
Hi tristanbm, I am terribly sorry for any confusion. Please try again, this time do not zip your MRs. This is confusing and we are working on clarifying this process.

Please feel free to contact me directly josh.sprague@envato.com if you have further problems.

32 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
jarenwicklund says

I emailed for help but got no reply so I will ask on this forum…Some photos were rejected due to missing releases during ftp upload. It asked me to resubmit the MR but i have no idea where or how to do this. I am asked NOT to resubmit the whole photo and MR again, but to just do the MR. That would be great but if there is no way to do it, what am I left with??? So hard to upload here, sadly.

5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Photopat says

Hi, I have similar problems. I have images who need two MR’s. I have no clue how to do this. Maybe you should make your policy about attaching MR’s to images more simple. Just let people upload an MR and have them attach the MR to the images themselves. This way you can upload images of the same model on different times, use more MR’s on one image etc. I think I’ll wait with uploading images with models untill you can make it simpler.

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

I’ll see if I can get Joshua to get us an update. Thanks!

322 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+5 more
JoshuaSprague Staff says

Greetings jarenwicklund and photopat! I apologize for any inconvenience and know your time is valuable. Let me see if I can help.

When you have an image that contains a model and it is missing a model release, simply click on the image (from within the hidden tab) then choose the ‘Edit’ tab. From there you will need to reupload the image and MR (jpg or pdf, not zipped) then select them again from the dropdowns then resubmit.

Looking at the wording provided I can certainly understand the confusion here… In this case we dont want you to resubmit as a new image, rather we need you to resubmit the image and MR under the same image in the form of an edit.

Please give it a shot, if you run into any more problem please dont hesitate to let me know :)

32 posts
jarenwicklund says

Did it like you said with the photo and the MR(not zipped) and got an error message :”Oops! Something’s broke!” Tried it with another picture and same message. The upload page said the MR was to be zipped…? It really is not working.

3 posts
  • Brazil
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
DWiedemann says

Hey. Sorry to bring back such an old topic, but since it seems to not have been fixed, I had no other choice.

I’ve uploaded almost my entire portfolio (about 1600 images) to the “photos” folder and all the model releases to the “model release” folder.

Funnily enough, quite a few photos were accepted, even the ones with recognizable people, but so far, there are 6 pages in the “hidden” section, due to a lack of model release. I also contacted support but so far, got no answers.

I’d like to know why, from the same batch of images, some were accepted and some weren’t, considering the model release was the same for all.

Cheers Dan

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Hey. Sorry to bring back such an old topic, but since it seems to not have been fixed, I had no other choice.

I’ve uploaded almost my entire portfolio (about 1600 images) to the “photos” folder and all the model releases to the “model release” folder.

Funnily enough, quite a few photos were accepted, even the ones with recognizable people, but so far, there are 6 pages in the “hidden” section, due to a lack of model release. I also contacted support but so far, got no answers.

I’d like to know why, from the same batch of images, some were accepted and some weren’t, considering the model release was the same for all.

Cheers Dan

If you’ve contacted Support they will forward your ticket on to the Review team so they can take a look. Hopefully they will be back to you shortly. Also, be sure to check your spam folder in case their reply ends up there :) Thanks!

5 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Photopat says

I tried yesterday again but it didn’t work. I just don’t upload model release needed images anymore. Too much trouble. It’s a pitty though….

3 posts
  • Brazil
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
DWiedemann says

It’s been over a month since I contact support about this and still got no reply.

by
by
by
by
by
by