8 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
SaschaMajert says

Hi there , i got a Question about Polygone Count. I modeling some weapons at this time , make them with Cinema 4D but in low poly. Finished one kind of Hammer, export it as an .obj file. Then import it in Zbrush, sculpting some details on it at mhh supdivision 6-7 .. after i was finished , i was back in cinema 4D and the weapon got about 1576960 Polygone… Is that to much ? Any tips to reduce the Polygone count. should i work on low detail level?

Hope someone got some tips, and sry for bad language i am german :)

2508 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+15 more
contrastblack Staff says

Hi there , i got a Question about Polygone Count. I modeling some weapons at this time , make them with Cinema 4D but in low poly. Finished one kind of Hammer, export it as an .obj file. Then import it in Zbrush, sculpting some details on it at mhh supdivision 6-7 .. after i was finished , i was back in cinema 4D and the weapon got about 1576960 Polygone… Is that to much ? Any tips to reduce the Polygone count. should i work on low detail level? Hope someone got some tips, and sry for bad language i am german :)

Hey Sascha,

You need to consider looking at workflows that involve baking your highpolygon details onto a map, which you can then use on a low-poly (read optimized) model.

You will need to learn retopology, texture baking in the process.

:)

Oh, and your English is excellent!

8 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
SaschaMajert says

Thanks for the Informations.So i think iam gonna watch more learning videos on digital tutors:):)

Okay, but its like a base mesh without textures.Just want to add some extra fine details to models. But i will search on digital tutors for that :)

2508 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+15 more
contrastblack Staff says

Thanks for the Informations.So i think iam gonna watch more learning videos on digital tutors:):) Okay, but its like a base mesh without textures.Just want to add some extra fine details to models. But i will search on digital tutors for that :)

That’s exactly what it’s about. > Major details require topology (i.e: an extra limb = major, a scar across it = minor) whereas minor details require baked maps, and not so much in terms of actual polygons.

Good luck!

p.s: you might want to check here first: http://cgi.tutsplus.com/ :) (Just sayin’ :D )

8 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
SaschaMajert says

Okay okay , i see , i need more digital food for my brain :D Thanks for the Link and Reply;)

102 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
amardeep says

Google to find out the process of sculpting, retopology & baking maps.

Happy learning… :D Cheers!!

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
sinayes says

H?, i know some ways :)

For example:

1. You need learn Texture mapping and Unwrap mapping. > You no need Zbrush detail, only material options and photoshop tuch :) Bump, reflection, diffuse, displace and other ways do it.

2. You need low-poly modeling. Or NURBS modeling. + Texture mapping + Unwrap mapping

3. You need Think :D You need photographer eyes. really, examine to all materials and All objects detail. And do it in Photoshop Texture map, go to material mapping on your model.

Sory i have bad english. But i 3Dsmax teacher, You have to do thats.

yes, there are 1000 ways, but they are shorter ways :)

OR : Buy items :P

111 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Europe
tdubic says

Newer version of Cinema 4D have sculpting capability, and it is really good, it have great sculpting tools. After you finish with sculpting you can directly bake this object inside fast and easy. Search for Cinema 4D sculpting tutorial on youtube there should be some good tutorials about this.

by
by
by
by
by
by