3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Afocusphoto says

Hello!!

quite new here. Recently installed WordPress on my site and purchased Mondern Business 3 wp.

I have followed the instructions precisely (imported the mb3_dark folder in the themes folder) and activated it. Followed the instructions etc. After everything is done, I have a duplicate blog and home page and all the other pages that are seen on the demo. I try to click these pages and I get a 404 error. page not found. I see all the HTML ’s in the zip folder, but where do I put them.

Extremely frustrated. Wish the instructions were accurate.

Someone please help me set up my site!!! I am familiar with the html,css etc, but for some reason nothing wants to work.!!!!

Thanks!

3341 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says
Hello!!

quite new here. Recently installed WordPress on my site and purchased Mondern Business 3 wp.

I have followed the instructions precisely (imported the mb3_dark folder in the themes folder) and activated it. Followed the instructions etc. After everything is done, I have a duplicate blog and home page and all the other pages that are seen on the demo. I try to click these pages and I get a 404 error. page not found. I see all the HTML ’s in the zip folder, but where do I put them.

Extremely frustrated. Wish the instructions were accurate.

Someone please help me set up my site!!! I am familiar with the html,css etc, but for some reason nothing wants to work.!!!!

Thanks!

are you sure its the wordpress version? they should all have .php extensions unless the author included both in the file

3 posts
Afocusphoto says

Yes it is the word press version. all the PHP versions are imported into the ftp as well. However, none of the pages work. The only page operational is the home page.

3341 posts
+1 more
organicbee says
Yes it is the word press version. all the PHP versions are imported into the ftp as well. However, none of the pages work. The only page operational is the home page.

do you have a live link to the site? and have you created the pages from your wordpress admin panel http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages

3 posts
Afocusphoto says

I have no clue. :/ I just re-uploaded the theme and activated. I have not followed the instructions – which seem to screw things up even further.

afocusphotography.com is the site. as you can see, it does not look anything like the demo

3341 posts
+1 more
organicbee says
I have no clue. :/ I just re-uploaded the theme and activated. I have not followed the instructions – which seem to screw things up even further. afocusphotography.com is the site. as you can see, it does not look anything like the demo

from my guess you haven’t created any pages or post ect. I suggest trying to follow the authors instructions one more time and it that fails try sending them a message through there profile page

367 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says

Installing themes may sounbd extremely easy but it can easily go wrong the first time. The best you can do is be patient and make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

Best would be to go to wordpress.com and try their instructions as well.

Most of the errors are usually due to the user doing something wrong. That is a fact and a good thing to remember. These themes would not be approved for sale if they had such fundamental errors.

2299 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

The best point of call is with the author first – he did eventually contact me and even though I was eating dinner in a restaurant for my wedding anniversary I helped him out – was a matter of just following the directions I provide – all is good now.

4344 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
The best point of call is with the author first – he did eventually contact me and even though I was eating dinner in a restaurant for my wedding anniversary I helped him out – was a matter of just following the directions I provide – all is good now.

+1

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Lots lots of buyers seem to forget we provide extensive instruction to avoid that kind of questions.

by
by
by
by
by
by