3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
adamtrich says

I can not get the menu to save. I went to appearance -> themes – > customize selected the menus in the navigation area. The correct menus appear. I then save and publish and refresh and it is gone. I appreciate any assistance.

3184 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Did you save the menus in the correct location (Top left of menu in page in admin?)

3 posts
adamtrich says

I created 2 menus in Appearance -> Menus. 1 named main and the other named top menu. I select main under the main navigation menu and top menu under top navigation menu and save it. Each time I visit that setting again the drop downs are empty.

3184 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Strange – best bet is to email the author and ask them. they will know best. Good luck

3 posts
adamtrich says

Thank you. I am new to this so I am not sure if there is a bug in the theme or if I am doing it incorrectly. I have just posted in the Good Layers forum.

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

There is actually a common cause for that I’ve seen several buyers run into. —There is this classic mistake people do when installing it a theme from ThemeForest where they install the entire ZIP package they downloaded as the theme. Usually this happens, but on some servers, it will actually allow the theme to install and seemingly work.

So, a common side effect of this is the issue under Appearance > Menus that you’re describing; it happens because style.css is not in the root directory of the theme. Is it possible when you installed the theme you did not upload the correct folder of files? Your style.css file should be located like this on your server where you have WordPress installed:

/wp-content/themes/theme-name/style.css

Also, sometimes people upload the their correct theme.zip file and unzip it with cPanel or some other online file manager and inadvertently end up with:

/wp-content/themes/theme-name/theme-name/style.css

This would also cause a similar issue in many cases.

by
by
by
by
by
by