2 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Located in Australia Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
AegirWatches says

OK, I have Googled this, but still fail to get it running. I downloaded ” Modernize’’ and via FTP with Filezilla, loaded on my sever in the wordpress themes folder. Idea is to get it up and running over my blog (no one reads anyway) and then once its ready, replace my website with it. So it is uploaded, and then when I go to my themes in wordpress, I get told to following. Any easy straight forward layman term help would be much appreciated.

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description mod Stylesheet is missing.

159 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ThemeProfuse says

Contact author for this problem

374 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

You’ve likely committed the ultimate WP noob sin! (Just kidding – LOL ).

Just extract the zip package you downloaded from ThemeForest and upload the actual theme zip contained within instead. You’ll also probably want to check the “Media” section of WordPress now too so you can “delete” the zip you uploaded as it’s not useful in that form and wastes space.

This goes for most (but not all) wordpress related items purchased at through Envato marketplaces and is not specific to the modernize theme in question.

Did this solve your issue? I’d suggest contacting the author instead of posting here for future inquiries.

2445 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Learn to install a WordPress theme – clicky.

2 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Located in Australia Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
AegirWatches says

You’ve likely committed the ultimate WP noob sin! (Just kidding – LOL ).

Just extract the zip package you downloaded from ThemeForest and upload the actual theme zip contained within instead. You’ll also probably want to check the “Media” section of WordPress now too so you can “delete” the zip you uploaded as it’s not useful in that form and wastes space.

This goes for most (but not all) wordpress related items purchased at through Envato marketplaces and is not specific to the modernize theme in question.

Did this solve your issue? I’d suggest contacting the author instead of posting here for future inquiries.

Yep, tried that a million different ways, watched the video too, no luck. deleted, re-installed, downloaded again, re-installed. To contact the author I have to find some number and sign up to a forum, at which time I was ready to rip this computer from the desk, so thought I would try here. I will try the author today then

4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
amiluna says

Hi AegirWatches, I have exact same problem with same theme. I’m wondering if you found a solution?

106 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
Section214 says

I’ve been using Modernize on one of my sites with no issues… great theme! I hope you get your issues sorted out!

4 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
amiluna says

Thanks Ghost, you give me hope. I’m not giving up just yet. can you give me a link to your site so that I can take a look at modernize in action? :)

by
by
by
by
by
by