Just wanted to share with you my modified version of TGM plugin.If you want to see it in action, please check this link : http://www.screenr.com/uYmH
I have added the following 2 features :
1. Plugin updating system : If you place an updated version of the plugin and configure it properly , the clients will get notified to update the plugin ( in my case , all the extra plugins are bundled inside the theme ) This will work like this :
- a) You add a plugin version 1.0 inside the theme
- b) In a future theme update , you want to also update the bundled plugin to version 1.1, so , you replace the old plugin with the new one, and also , change the plugin version name inside the TGM config file
- c) Once your client will update the theme , he will also be notified that there is a newer version of the plugin available and he can update it from the TGM page.
2. WP 3.6 compatible ( Thanks to stmcan )The modified version can be found here : http://pastebin.com/0jh83Xmw The sample config file can be found here : http://pastebin.com/5BLEASpd
Please note that the changes were only tested for my needs so , before integrating it in a theme check to see that everything works for you.
Best regards, Stefan
Thanks for the work! I tried it and i see the plugin update notice, but when i try to update it doesn’t work. This is what i get:
Unpacking the update… Installing the latest version… Removing the old version of the plugin… Could not remove the old plugin. Plugin update failed. All plugins installed and activated successfully. Return to the Dashboard
Permissions are set to 755 on the WordPress plugins folder..
Nevermind, i’ve made a mistake.. All works well!
I am glad it works
Best regards, Stefan
@hogash, links are not working any more. Any chance to post it again?
Thank you everybody, updated my code
Really great, thank you! It works, but it throws a following notice:
Plugin updated successfully
Notice: Undefined index: repository_id in … /wp-content/plugins/installer/classes/wprc-installer.php on line 638
All plugins installed and activated successfully. Return to the Dashboard
Not a big issue as I am assuming that not many buyers have debug mode enabled, but is there a solution to fix this? I am updating my plugins from theme’s folder.