1468 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Hi

Noticed last few Mondays, nothing is getting approved… is that something new that will be regular or….?

Cheers

1772 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I know some people are okay with that, but I never really agreed with this method of approving. It’s okay to review 50 items a day, it’s okay to review 5 items a day, the number doesn’t matter, it’s the consistency that matters. I would love to know that they review only monday – friday, but coming off from Friday to Thursday with no approved items and then Thursday with 50 new items on the homepage is just wrong.

The items from Friday stayed 3 days on the homepage while the first 2-3 items approved today will be out of the homepage within 2 hours.

Consistency, that’s what we need. Sometimes they review even saturdays, sundays, mondays, but it’s unconsistent. And it’s because there are only 2 reviewers for a market at this scale. :( They’re doing an impossible job, it’s Envato that should hire at least two reviewers more.

497 posts Dream big
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+4 more
pixel-industry says

Yep, it’s not really a best practice to have few days without any new item and then whole bunch of them… Don’t really know what is happening with review process these days, as we submitted one file last week (Tuesday) and it is still in review process. It will probably come out with other 50 themes when they start to review items.. Also, i noticed that Envato is hiring new reviewers, so hopefully things will change soon.

1468 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Anps says

99% of suggestions that matter from authors are mostly ignored or as they say taken into consideration seriously in someone’s draw in a corner with left over Vegemite sandwich, so in this point it really doesn’t even matter to what’s good and what’s not and should’a would’as i would just like to know if all of this is going to be like this for now, so i can plan, since when I go out of the frame with support I get such I bad attitude on my behind that its scary sometimes.

Cheers

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

They’ve been “hiring” for a couple of weeks now and I don’t see anything new. I honestly don’t think they can’t find anything good in 2-3 months. At least get something temporary until you hire someone full time. Take someone to reject the themes that are really bad so that Ivor and Kailoon can review the ones with potential.

182 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+1 more
An-Themes says

Take someone to reject the themes that are really bad so that Ivor and Kailoon can review the ones with potential.

:D

+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Take someone to reject the themes that are really bad so that Ivor and Kailoon can review the ones with potential.
:D

Don’t laugh. With all due respect for everyone, I can bet that if you ask Ivor or kailoon about the designs they reject each day, you could listen and laugh to them for a whole week. :D Not many people are aware of the standards here and submit anything they design in MS Paint. Not sure it still happens in 2014, but a few years back I’m sure they would’ve done it :D

722 posts Theme20.com
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
T20 says

The items from Friday stayed 3 days on the homepage while the first 2-3 items approved today will be out of the homepage within 2 hours.

+1, i updated my soft-reject item 4days ago but still is in queue 40% and one another of my updated theme not approved after 2 days :(

24 posts Hey, We are Arbees
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
artbees says

I agree with you guys,

This is something lately happening and seems envato lost the control of item approval. Seems there is no a strict pattern in item approval. having an item in recent item and its exposure is something that defines its fate for future sales. Envato must have known about this.

264 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Prothemeus says

Updates should be approved within 24 hours. I don’t understand why those are still in the que for so long. I have uploaded a new theme 5 days ago and it’s still there at 60% which is pretty crazy. Why is a multi-million dollar company, whose sole business is selling products, having difficulty with reviewing those products in a timely manner?

Also, why aren’t Elite authors prioritized in the que? I understand that the products need to be reviewed first but I think that we as Elite authors have already proven that we deliver quality products that have passed previous reviews that meet Envato’s standards so why the hold up?

by
by
by
by
by
by